Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Castlerock rope drop!

I got this picture today via email. It was titled Castlerock Shadow! Again, Sucks to be a flatlander!

Hiking over from Heaven's Gate only. Lift will run in a couple of days, so we will save some snow for the Flatlanders this weekend.

I was going to say that according to the Snow Report the lift is not open....

I'll have some video from Middle Earth later this evening. Stay tuned!

Looking forward to the video John. The lift must have opened to get patrol up to see the conditions which apparently are sweet!

I am sure with the additonal foot.....aaahhh I mean 7" tomorrow it will be great. Just getting ahead of myself.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

passing church as we speak........... I wish.

why woudn't you guys open the lift if you are going to open the trails?
    I'm from Vermont and I ski where I want.

Patrol was hiking too, of course. Lift mechanics were testing the lift.

Here is the vid. Middle Earth was filled in very nicely.

Enjoy!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Last Tracks
    why woudn't you guys open the lift if you are going to open the trails?
    Mechanics need to do their thing. Ramps need to be built. The staff has to be scheduled (both lifts and patrol).

I also heard the runout is a little sketchy. If the lift were to run, it'd attract more folks over there, including some who may not know what they're getting into, and the runout would get tracked out faster.

I believe later in the week is the opening for the lift. Also, it is looking like Slide Brook will spin this weekend as well - conditions pending.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn

a teaching moment...

Ummm, JA...

Your skis are Dynastar, you don't need to look at them while skiing. Keep your eyes on the prize. You'll get where your going faster and smoother.

Didn't you already teach me that????

Great video. Not only is it torture to watch the locals shred fresh pow, it is first (official) tracks at Castlerock, and I'm going to have to shovel 20" of wet and heavies and still work three more days.
    Gotta start that brew pub in The Valley! No fun being a Vermonter living in the flatlands.

Also a few good skier before the crowds get on it will set it up nicely for the snow that we are going to get tomorrow. It will be better because of having it skied by a small crowd first.

Woods?

OK, so the rock is open(ish)

So how are the woods?

The look down was purely for the viewer's benefit. The woods are thin and the snow is hollow, with very little base. Who knows after the next storm?

this weekend is setting up very nicely. while im not getting my hopes too high for tomorrow, the upslope potential in the storms wake is intriguing.
    are the lifts on regular weekday schedule friday?

nice video. keep them coming.

just started snowing here in the hudson valley.