In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn

Yeast Coast Malt Hop

Reporting a fabulous event.

JA was a terrific tour host. With a history in brewing, passion for the art and in depth knowledge of the medium, he made a great event really special. The fully booked event was really well thought out and guests were treated as VIPs. If you missed it, you really missed something special.

SB gave us a ride to the Alchemist in Waterbury were we were greeted with a pint of our beer of choice. The brewer gave us a personalized tour of the facility and plenty of stories and tastings from the brews "in process". Rather liberal pours too. We then had private tables set up with a really great selection of local cheeses paired with several beers from the Alchemist. The owner gave us a great and simple description of her choice of pairings and they were really quite great choices. If you have never been to the Alchemist, it is a rarity in that as a brew pub, it has great beers AND great food. It is worth the effort to get up there for post skiing frivolity.

JA introduced us to a new watering hole in Waterbury with a tiny little bar and absolutely fabulous beers on tap. Only about 10 but none of them are commercial, or come in a bottle and range from origin all around the country. An amazing find.

As if that wasn't enough, we returned to Timbers to be greeted by local rock star brewer Sean Lawson of Lawson's finest Liquids. He regaled us with some stories about his brewery and the efforts people go through to find its secret location in The Valley. Timbers chefs put together a nice three course meal and Sean poured his beers, again, liberally. The event was special. The Timber's staff treat us like owners. Next time don't miss it! Great food, great beer and really great service.

Brewski

Many thanks Jeff. We are scheduling the next one for March. Stay tuned.

Here are some pictures from the evening. Enjoy!

John

Awesome report...thanks for sharing! I don't drink much beer anymore but my best friend does. He has a kegerator in his kitchen. My neighbor, works at the Warren Store, just brought me a bottle of Lawson's Double Sunshine IPA(she brings me treats, usually baked goods, for shoveling her walkway) and my friend can't wait for my first day(Thur) off in many days so I can bring it to him over in Chelsea.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

So that is what you were talking about! I am now sorry I didn't pay more attention. Beer....MMMMMMMM.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

If I hadn't been working, I would have been there. Vermont is home to some amazing brewers right now, including Lawsons and more recently, Hill Farmstead is doing amazing stuff. Plus, the Alchemist is always worth a stop.

For people who get to Burlington or Montpelier and love beer, check out the Farmhouse Taproom and Grill in Burlington or Three Penny Taproom in Montpelier - both outstanding places for beer lovers.

GS

Three Penny Tap Room

and from what I'm told, there will be a Three Penny Tap room coming to Waitsfield as soon as the water project is complete. There is a connection to Mad Taco, which is served in Montpelier and is quite delicious! I can't wait!

Re: Three Penny Tap Room

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbarka
    and from what I'm told, there will be a Three Penny Tap room coming to Waitsfield as soon as the water project is complete. There is a connection to Mad Taco, which is served in Montpelier and is quite delicious! I can't wait!
    Correct!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Wow, with all this great beer in and coming to The Valley, I can't believe I only have one mouth.
    Fortunately, I have two hands to keep it full.
    Beer...Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski
    Wow, with all this great beer in and coming to The Valley, I can't believe I only have one mouth.
    Fortunately, I have two hands to keep it full.
    Beer...Yum!
    Thank god you only have one mouth.

What? R U my wife?

24 Drafts right here in the MRV

Just gotta chime in here. Localfolk Smokehouse pours 24 drafts from craft brewers all over the U.S. and Europe: Ommagang, Brooklyn, Southern Tier from NY / Trapp's Lodge, Northshire Brewing, Long Trail, Otter Creek, Switchback, Woodchuck Cider from good ole VT / North Coast and Anchor Brewing from CA / Dogfish Head from DE / Shipyard Brewing and Allagash from ME / Harpoon Brewing from NH / Narragansett from RI / Stella Artois, Spaten, Guinness from across the big pond / and others I can't think of at the moment. We added taps and put together a really incredible collection over the past couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski
    What? R U my wife?
    Bwah, Ha, Ha, Ha