FG White customers--check your bill.

As I'm sure many are aware, FG White fuel company has been sold to a company called Pyrofax, which is in turn owned by a mid western company called Inergy. Without any notice I recently received a bill from the new company (still called FG White) with a propane charge of $5.40 per gallon! I have not been able to get through to anyone at any of the companies. Frankly, Im going to pay the exhorbitant bill, but change propane providers to Bourne's.

After 12 years of buying propane(up to 1500gals/yr) from FG White I decided to heat with wood last year. I just got a bill from them for $750.00 for a minimum usage fee. I did not use enough fuel for the size of my tank. They claim that it is for maintaining my account and maintaining the tank.

I was on will call and payed at the office prior the deliveries. I installed the tank myself. There was no billing by them and no tank maintenance ever done.

My reply

I will NOT pay the $750.
    I will dig the tank up and leave at the end of the driveway.
    A I will purchase my propane elsewhere.

when i used to have oil here in CT there were similar games. i really enjoyed the day i called and told them i've switched to nat. gas. no games with the nat gas utility vs the oil guys.

Gee, The new company sure knows how to make new customers/friends in a new market. Sounds like PowderCorp done at KMART!!!

This is happening all over the Valley.

CHECK YOUR BILL. I just happened to check on my FG White accounts a month or so ago. They raised my rate to $5.55/gal. When the FG White employees in town saw that, they said ‘Oh, dear… let me fix that’. After being calm and talking with them, they ended up giving me the ‘new customer rate’ at $2.45/gal.

Re: FG White customers--check your bill.

Quote Originally Posted by aejkb
    As I'm sure many are aware, FG White fuel company has been sold to a company called Pyrofax, which is in turn owned by a mid western company called Inergy. Without any notice I recently received a bill from the new company (still called FG White) with a propane charge of $5.40 per gallon! I have not been able to get through to anyone at any of the companies. Frankly, Im going to pay the exhorbitant bill, but change propane providers to Bourne's.
    Thanks so much for the tip,... I checked my bill and sure enough there was some major price gouging. They charged me 4.90/gallon in December and I checked what the market prices was at the time - 2.75-3.00+/-

I called them (FG White) this morning as soon as they opened, I told the local employee what I was charged and she said they would issue a credit for the differance between the market price and what they charged me. I then went on to say that what they are doing is deceptive/not very good business practice and I was considering reporting this to the VT AG's office,... she had no comment.

Bottom line, if you are a customer of FG White,... check your bill.

To those in the "know",... what are the other options out there for propane suppliers? What FG White is doing seems very slimey to me and i would prefer to find some other options.

Most of the people I have talked to are going with Bourne's or Gillespie.

This was taken from craigslist.

The real story about Pyrofax (vermont)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2011-01-05, 7:05PM EST

Reply To This Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pyrofax is owned by Inergy out of Kansas City. They are not run by area managers. Yes the do have managers but they are powerless puppets. The District Manager is the one who calls all the shots and he does not care about the customers or the employees, just the stock holders. They own many of the small propane companies such as Steven's Gas, Newton's Gas F.G. White and others. Their Service department is a Flat-rate shop and prices of services come out of a book designed for big cities. Most employees I have talked with are depressed over what they have to put up with for disgruntled customers. They try their best but again, are powerless. I suggest letters should be sent to their head office Inergy, L.P.
    2 Brush Creek Blvd., Suite 200
    Kansas City, MO 64112 USA
    Phone 1-877-446-3749

Angry Unsure about White's

I joined a buyers group. Called whites for delivery of oil, was over two weeks before they final came and filled up my tanks.( I was sucking fumes by the time they showed up) I said is this any indications of how (whites) is going to be delivering my oil. I am not in pressed with this company at all. When you call them you cant get any one on the phone. My 2nd request for oil, I was told in 7 bussiness days. I told the person at whites I'd better see a delivery by the 17th. I have no faith in this company.

Welcome Karen!

What a lousy situation you've had to deal with. I am continually amazed at stories like this. Maintaining a business like this shouldn't be hard, but they don't stop trying to screw it up.