Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There were signs around in the usual places the week before (bathrooms, bulletin boards, etc.). Might they have been pulled down for the inaugural ball on Friday? The only two posters found by my wife (who is a Sugar Shack fan, and she was looking for them) on Saturday were one on the large board by the parking lot between Claybrook and the Schoolhouse, and another at the entrance to Castlerock Pub.

seriously,... who give a sh#@??? Where is lostone when you need him? You guys are complaining about lack of posters promoting some band I've never heard of,.,... The Greatful Dead could have been playing in CRP and I still would not have come! Pick your battles to complain about,... this is not something worthy of a response from management.

We'll work on bigger print! Just like Reader's Digest does!

who's complaining?
    as my daughter says, chelax.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66
    seriously,... who give a sh#@??? Where is lostone when you need him? You guys are complaining about lack of posters promoting some band I've never heard of,.,... The Greatful Dead could have been playing in CRP and I still would not have come! Pick your battles to complain about,... this is not something worthy of a response from management.
    Who's complaining? If more people show up for the show, everybody wins.

This is not complaining, and I do give a sh#@. A lot of people like having late-night live music at Castlerock Pub - even bands we never heard of - and would be happy to see it continue, but people won't come to events they don't know about. It's excellent that management is willing to try "bigger print" and give this venue a chance to build some momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by daevious
    This is not complaining, and I do give a sh#@. A lot of people like having late-night live music at Castlerock Pub - even bands we never heard of - and would be happy to see it continue, but people won't come to events they don't know about. It's excelilent that management is willing to try "bigger print" and give this venue a chance to build some momentum.
    This is exactly the point! We do not want these shows to go because of lack of bodies. DJD, you may not like the Castlerock for shows or may not come out of your cave in general but when this venue is walking distance from my place, it make for a great option. I think that the overall general consensus is that entertainment has been shrinking in the valley for the last 10 years so it is importaint for the overall health of the area to maintain what we have left.

Hopefully it will grow and they start getting some bigger acts in. I am still waiting for Grace Potter to come home to the Valley for a show.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I think we can get the Beach Boys, or at least Brian Wilson!