Thread: Tracking Apps

Tracking Apps

Here's my review of Phresheez so far, on an iPhone at South for the past two weekends. Seems to do a good job of figuring out which trails I'm on and tallying up runs, vertical, top speeds, etc. Classifies the runs by pitch instead of how the resort has them labelled. I was unable to test out the friend tracker feature as no one else seems to be using it yet at Sugarbush, and I'm not strapping a $400 phone to my kids just yet. Not having friends who ski could be a factor too

I've found you need more than a 50% charge to get through the day. The phone will turn off the tracking if you get below 20%, so it won't run the battery all the way down. Also, if you forget to turn it off while driving to your condo, it thinks you're skiing off-piste.

There are other aopps I'm looking forward to trying. This one was free (has ads), so caught my attention first.

MSP

ITrailmap3d has a fantastic 3D map of the mtn (any mtn really). also sucks battery though.