Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Dirt
    All valid points - I don't want anyone else on the mountain, I stayed on the open trails and I got there late Sat because I went for a run first when the best skiing of the weekend was to be had. I think I'm just at a point where I get bored skiing trails these days. Lift served laps on trails just don't do it for me anymore. And while I do agree that a bad day on the slopes is better than a good day at work, it's not better than a day on the bike or running in my mind.

Debbie Downer - Wahhhhhhhh Wahhhhhhhhh
    Clearly I'm Debbie Downer because I come with the opinion that the skiing really isn't that great right now. Sorry for the dose of reality that not everyone finds joy in mediocre trail skiing...
    It's all good Skibum. I guess CD is just expressing his opinion also. I went out last night with a good friend and did the most awsome mountian bike ride in a long time. We rode Harold Parker near Boston and it was snowing to the tune of about 2" of light fluffy snow. This was my first time night riding with snow in the air. Totally awsome riding and it was so quite and surreal. Now some people would say that we were crazy but I guess to each his own much like you. See you when the real snow falls dude.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Dirt
    All valid points - I don't want anyone else on the mountain, I stayed on the open trails and I got there late Sat because I went for a run first when the best skiing of the weekend was to be had. I think I'm just at a point where I get bored skiing trails these days. Lift served laps on trails just don't do it for me anymore. And while I do agree that a bad day on the slopes is better than a good day at work, it's not better than a day on the bike or running in my mind.

Debbie Downer - Wahhhhhhhh Wahhhhhhhhh
    Clearly I'm Debbie Downer because I come with the opinion that the skiing really isn't that great right now. Sorry for the dose of reality that not everyone finds joy in mediocre trail skiing...
    my reality is that I had fun. The snow conditions were better than I expected. But don't fret, we'll get some snow soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I went out last night with a good friend and did the most awsome mountian bike ride in a long time. We rode Harold Parker near Boston and it was snowing to the tune of about 2" of light fluffy snow. This was my first time night riding with snow in the air. Totally awsome riding and it was so quite and surreal. Now some people would say that we were crazy but I guess to each his own much like you.
    That sounds like a lot of fun. HP has some decent trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I went out last night with a good friend and did the most awsome mountian bike ride in a long time. We rode Harold Parker near Boston and it was snowing to the tune of about 2" of light fluffy snow. This was my first time night riding with snow in the air. Totally awsome riding and it was so quite and surreal. Now some people would say that we were crazy but I guess to each his own much like you.
    That sounds like a lot of fun. HP has some decent trails.
    They do but we had to stay on mellow terrain. The roots and rocks made it very hairy on the decents and almost impossible to climb. The snow hides everything and when you hit a diagonal root LOOKOUT!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Sorry, but I am DYING to go skiing at the Bush! I can run and bike, but not ski where I live (yes, my choice but still), and would love to be in the position of SKIBUM. He went for a run Saturday morning rather than getting first tracks?

Hey, thats fine, but 1) don't complain about the late afternoon skiing and 2) you don't deserve the alias "Skibum" I think the administrator of this awesome site should revoke "SKIBUM" and change his name to "Runnerbum" or "Bikerbum".

Get out and enjoy the snow. Its December in New England, its been cold, and has snowed some, and the weather is bound to change.....get it while its good.

THINK SNOW

Well, in defense of skibum, he's training for a full triathlon. On Saturday morning, I suggested that he run after skiing so as not to miss the freshies and then I realized how ridiculous an idea that is right after I said it. I'm pretty sure even triathletes don't do anything after a full day of skiing (except the usual... drinking, talking about skiing, complaining on chat rooms, etc.)

Maybe he should have gotten up an hour earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by slatham
    Sorry, but I am DYING to go skiing at the Bush! I can run and bike, but not ski where I live (yes, my choice but still), and would love to be in the position of SKIBUM. He went for a run Saturday morning rather than getting first tracks?
    It wasn't exactly "first tracks". If we were talking about 6" of pow then this would be an entirely different conversation...