Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

re: snow reporting

stowe 16", kmart 12" and sb 6"???? 10" in fayston but only 6" up top. fook the heck.
    im not complaining because the snow is there, but this is just ridiculous. all good being conservative and all but when you get to the point that the reporting is unbelievable, it is worthless.

Mad River is reporting 10-15 very light fluffy stuff

Guys. It is what it is. This storm is putting more on the Western Slopes of the Greens and there is more the more north you go. We report what we measure, not what we hope for. Our groomer call in the early report and then it is updated by patrol when they get out. It is a very light snow so great on top of snowmaking but not great for base building. The wind is also causing some drifts. However, it looks like we will continue to accumulate over the next couple of days and then there is another storm system shaping up for Sunday which might bring a heavier snow. That is what we ideally want this time of year. Off for a couple of turns in the powder!

Win, dont get testy on us buddy!

Tree's just a bit fustrated..... anyhow, we'll all gladly take the snow. Like you said, hopefully that next storm brings a heavy snow for base building.

Just did a couple of runs on Ripcord. Pretty sweet! Updated snow report is 12" at the summit overnight and it is still snowing.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Just did a couple of runs on Ripcord. Pretty sweet! Updated snow report is 12" at the summit overnight and it is still snowing.
    That's what I'm talking about!
    12" makes sense.
    Nothing like a foot of fluff to make everyone happy.

Any chance the reports can include a range between top and bottom so we really know what the mountain looks like? That has always been a bit frustrating for me. Thanks!

We do report top, mid and bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy

Tree's just a bit fustrated..... anyhow, we'll all gladly take the snow. Like you said, hopefully that next storm brings a heavy snow for base building.
    Guys,.... chill out! He's only reporting what is on the ground. I appreciate the honesty rather than the B.S. you get from most other areas. Bottom line, we need some heavy base building snow, hopefully we will get this on SUnday/Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66
    Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy

Guys,.... chill out! He's only reporting what is on the ground. I appreciate the honesty rather than the B.S. you get from most other areas. Bottom line, we need some heavy base building snow, hopefully we will get this on SUnday/Monday.
    I was trying to have fun...maybe it didnt translate.

Wasn't meant to sound testy - just explaining how we do it. There probably was an inch or two more at MRG this morning based on how the snow was coming in. Hinesburg on the West side of the MTN probably got even more. Bottom line: it is sweet up here!

Quote Originally Posted by win
    Wasn't meant to sound testy - just explaining how we do it. There probably was an inch or two more at MRG this morning based on how the snow was coming in. Hinesburg on the West side of the MTN probably got even more. Bottom line: it is sweet up here!
    I'll bet the top half of ME is looking deep this morning.

This is for Tin, who always wants something else.

Click here for extreme jealousy-inducing powder footage.

John

I saw the video moments ago. Sweet and to the point...all ice cold fluff. Nice. Thanks for posting.

Sweet. Good work John. Reminds me of this weekend at Crystal... But that is a way different topic.

Gonna be a great weekend. See you there!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!