PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Glades cut at ME?

Brew Ski
11-07-2010, 09:44 AM
I just read an article on Boston.com that talked about upgrades throughout New England resorts. It says that Sugarbush among other things has cut two new glades over at Mount Ellen?

Where are they?
What are they called?
Are they on the new trail maps?

With all the work done this summer for the mountain biking trails, the tree skiing should be great at LP. The crews cleaned a lot of underbrush, fallen branches and such, so that the woods look clean(er) and ready for great skiing. Sure the bike trails don't follow ski descents, but the fact that a lot of debris has been moved and water flows controlled, I think, is a big bonus. Winter storms tend to drop a lot of branches which can catch ski tips, boots, bindings all of which can ruin your day fast.

Think snow! Lots and lots of snow! 317" of it!!!

shadyjay
11-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Comparing the 09/10 trail map to the one in the latest Sugarbush Magazine...
* Brambles Woods is new
* A sizeable expansion of Tumbler Woods/Moose Run Woods

Brew Ski
11-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks SJ,

Been in both, done that. I'm assuming something new, but maybe your right.

007 and I were in the where abouts of "extended moose run" last year. There is a lot of potential in there.

Curious if there is anything "official" about two new cut trails.

At least there will be some fun stuff to go exploring for. I can't wait.

I heard Barkbiter cut a couple new trails this summer. I can't wait to get him liquored up and get him to spill the beans about the cool new glades. Someone said he was voted the unofficial "Mayor of Sugarbush Village". Well, how about that!

boze
11-07-2010, 07:14 PM
You can tell it's pre-season due the level of trash-talking
mind you, I love it
getting stoked down here in S. CT
roaring fire tonight after a day that did not see the thermometer rise above 43' (and thusly blew off hours of yard work)

Last Tracks
11-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Comparing the 09/10 trail map to the one in the latest Sugarbush Magazine...
* Brambles Woods is new

Skiers have been enjoying the woods of Brambles for more than 40 years. It just looks new with all that fresh powder.

summitchallenger
11-09-2010, 03:21 PM
The other is Bravinator.