PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush to (Finally) Install a Webcam

Benski
10-31-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm surprised the board is so quiet. Is there really no weather news at the Bush from last night and today? Snow? Rain? Webcam? :)

well there's certainly no webcam

win
10-31-2010, 07:20 PM
There will be!

random_ski_guy
10-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Hip-hip horray. Good, because I'm not fond of assessing the real time Sugarbush weather situation by way of the Mad River Glen and Stowe live webcams.

HowieT2
10-31-2010, 09:51 PM
There will be!

wow! Big news (split this bad boy out). Thank you!
good call for the big winter ahead.
where? when?

Hawk
11-01-2010, 08:06 AM
The best spot would be the Cupola on top of Timbers looking up Bravo with Heaven's Gate in the distance. But that would be and issue for installation and maintenence.

Tin Woodsman
11-01-2010, 04:02 PM
I split this out from the weather thread as it's sufficiently important news to discuss here.

If this is true, and since Win spilled the beans I think we can take that to the bank, add it to another in a long list of things people agitated for here, only to be told that the status quo was good enough.

FWIW, I would love to eventually see base and mid-mountain cams for both mountains.

teleo
11-01-2010, 04:59 PM
yea!!! No more piecing it together with the warren and mrg cams. Thanks for changing the policy.

random_ski_guy
11-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I think this is the way to go for webcams.

http://bridgerbowl.com/mediagallery/bridgercams/

Good spread across the mountain (upper, middle & lower) and a nice large clear picture. Its also very quick and easy to cycle through the Bridger cam views. Dont cheap out like Stowe with the dinky view.

Of course, I'll gladly like the dinky view if that is all that is available...its better than what we've got now.

Xskier
11-02-2010, 12:51 PM
ahhh....my favorite ski area of all time. I had a pass there one season. Best skiing i have ever experienced and there is nothing like partying in Bozeman!

random_ski_guy
11-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Xskier, i had a seaon's pass there too for one great winter many years ago. I was in the best shape of my life when April came around, dropped 30 lbs skiing that hill 5 days a week. Great mtn, great town....and yep, great bars.

ThinkSno
11-03-2010, 02:48 PM
There will be!
Any ideas when we can expect to see it up & running?

win
11-03-2010, 03:32 PM
It is going on the Farmhouse looking through the Gate House plaza and up the Mountain. It's installation is being coordinated with the completion of that lodge. Probably early December.

Tin Woodsman
11-03-2010, 05:51 PM
It is going on the Farmhouse looking through the Gate House plaza and up the Mountain. It's installation is being coordinated with the completion of that lodge. Probably early December.

A great first step.

Now to start agitating for an upper mtn cam. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

random_ski_guy
11-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I just googled outdoor webcam to see what's out there. Looks like the equipment is rather inexpensive these days. How about you blow us away with an HD CAM. Once you get the first cam going, I'll come by to help with those remote wireless cams. I'm sure Tin would be willing to help sprinkle those about the mtn. A few here, a few there, a few everywhere! :

Tin Woodsman
11-04-2010, 01:09 PM
I just googled outdoor webcam to see what's out there. Looks like the equipment is rather inexpensive these days. How about you blow us away with an HD CAM. Once you get the first cam going, I'll come by to help with those remote wireless cams. I'm sure Tin would be willing to help sprinkle those about the mtn. A few here, a few there, a few everywhere! :

I'd only sprinkle three more. One on Allyn's Lodge facing towards C-Rock and/or HG, one at the base of ME, and one on top of the Glen House looking towards the summit of ME. Make them viewable on a single page and perhaps even remotely controllable by visitors to the SB.com site (Mammoth has this - very cool). The technology is so simple and standardized these days that it's such a win/win.

HowieT2
11-04-2010, 01:34 PM

I'd only sprinkle three more. One on Allyn's Lodge facing towards C-Rock and/or HG, one at the base of ME, and one on top of the Glen House looking towards the summit of ME. Make them viewable on a single page and perhaps even remotely controllable by visitors to the SB.com site (Mammoth has this - very cool). The technology is so simple and standardized these days that it's such a win/win.

talk about looking a gift horse in its mouth. :D
for the record, I'm good with anything as I would think it's a much greater undertaking to get the signal from a cam at the top of the mtn.
That being said, if there was to be such an undertaking, I'd like it on the CR warming hut looking back towards the lift and middle earth. Or on the HG terminus shack towards Paradise.

FWIW-I dont know why but all of a sudden I'm getting seriously stoked for the season to start.

vonski
11-04-2010, 01:40 PM
I just want one up top somewhere too. So, you can see that it is snowing up top and raining at the base like today. Spoke to a friend earlier and it was trying to snow above 2000 feet according to him when he was out on a ride.

boze
01-05-2011, 10:00 AM

With the holiday crush behind us and the new buildings strutting their stuff, is there a new target date for the LP webcam?

noski
01-05-2011, 10:09 AM
....keep checking through this week...maybe keep checking today....<cough>

win
01-05-2011, 11:54 AM
We are getting to it. Soon, but I don't have a definitive date yesterday.