PDA

View Full Version : It's BAAAACKKK!!!

shadyjay
10-30-2010, 11:13 AM
That winter coat of the mountains is back, after a few warm days. But the big difference is this one hit all the way down to the base. Really put me in a good mood today!

Got about an 1" at my place above the base area, and its still snowing!!!!

Treeskier
10-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Was just looking at Mad River's web cam, Saw the same thing. :)

random_ski_guy
10-31-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm surprised the board is so quiet. Is there really no weather news at the Bush from last night and today? Snow? Rain? Webcam? :)

klop
11-02-2010, 01:09 PM
How much snow have you received in the past day or so? The ridge looks pretty frosty from the banana belt here in Addison County.

shadyjay
11-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Base area, up to around 1800' I'd say, we got a couple of inches over the weekend, but its barren. However, above that (lower in some spots), upward, the trails are all white. Looking out my living room window, I see snow covering everything from Racer's Edge, right to the bottom of Stein's/Lower Birdland. I also see much more coverage from about Heaven's Gate base, up, including snow still on the trees, extending over towards Castlerock. Since this was all in the clouds yesterday and that we had on-off snow showers, I'm guessing the accumulations were of note in those higher elevations.

Definitely looks like winter up there, and with temps been in the 30s for the past few days at above-base-area elevation, what we have is hangin' on.