PDA

View Full Version : Favorite month to ski?

happygirl
10-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Whats everybodys favorite month for skiing? Mine is December right before christmas.

jwt
10-26-2010, 11:44 AM
How could one not trust a fellow with the name "Expert Senior Meteorologist Alex SoSNOWski"?

win
10-26-2010, 09:43 PM
April, Spread the word!

gostan
10-27-2010, 05:48 AM
December: because it is the last ski month of the year.
January: because it is the first ski month of the new year.
February: because the skiing is so much better than November.
March: because the sun is out and the days begin to get longer.
April: because every day is a bonus and I am finally getting in ski shape.
May: because I can hope.........& my golf game is not the great!

Hawk
10-27-2010, 06:11 AM
WOAH, what happened here. Last night we were talking about a forecast and then BOOM the subject changed and were are in a different topic. What was the problem? Was that a fake forecast or something? Actually that forecaster did have a suspect name. ;-)

Brew Ski
10-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Long days, warm ski weather, bluebird days often interspersed with huge dumps of powder goodness.

You get to wear a t-shirt and sun glasses. Little need for layers. The CRP deck is bathed in afternoon sun and the beer is poured cold.

And since the Mountain shifts the lift schedules, I get to sleep in and still get to wait in line for first chair.

Too bad we can't trade November for 2 Aprils.

noski
10-27-2010, 07:08 AM
If I absolutely had to, I would ski in April. Why you people put up with me is beyond my comprehension. :-)

skiladi
10-27-2010, 09:39 AM
If I absolutely had to, I would ski in April. Why you people put up with me is beyond my comprehension. :-)

Why don't you go to Sugarbush and take lessons. It would be good for business. ; }

atkinson
10-27-2010, 09:57 AM
I think April should be Learn to Ski and Ride Month.

noski
10-27-2010, 10:03 AM

Why don't you go to Sugarbush and take lessons. It would be good for business. ; }

Win did happen to mentioned that to me on Saturday....

Hawk
10-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Any month there is snow!!!! How about October? Last weekend was fun at you know where... :wink:

skierdon
10-27-2010, 12:09 PM
December right before the Christmas holiday- uncrowded and usually good snow. That weekend 2 years ago was insane- we were getting at least a foot a night a few days straight.

happygirl
10-27-2010, 01:30 PM
December right before the Christmas holiday- uncrowded and usually good snow. That weekend 2 years ago was insane- we were getting at least a foot a night a few days straight.

Yes, I remember that weekend. That was the best skiing I had ever.