PDA

View Full Version : The Sugarbush online pass ordering system is..........

skierdon
10-20-2010, 05:39 PM
outdated
frustrating
created by a middle-schooler for extra credit?
not working?

I've tried multiple times to create an account so I can buy a season pass. I'm not sure if things are working or if I'm just not doing it right- but once I create an account it sends me back to the log-in screen and then it wouldn't recognize the account I just created. And yes, I consider myself very literate in the ways of buying stuff online.

I'll try again later I guess. It took me 30 seconds to buy a pass from the neighbors in the valley fwiw.

summitchallenger
10-20-2010, 08:10 PM
I bypassed the website and just called when I ordered mine......but I agree that the online ordering doesn't work well (hence why I called).

HowieT2
10-20-2010, 08:39 PM
I bypassed the website and just called when I ordered mine......but I agree that the online ordering doesn't work well (hence why I called).

I use the website for the season passes and kids programs but it is not a pleasant experience.

And while we r on the topic, the website does not play well with the iPad and other multitouch devices.

win
10-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Skierdon,

I am not sure what you are doing. The on-line store was updgraded this year and most don't seem to be having a problem. Email Kristin Babic at krbabic@sugarbush.com and speak with her about what you are doing. Almost all of our pass sales are being done online now.

Hawk
10-21-2010, 07:04 AM

I use the website for the season passes and kids programs but it is not a pleasant experience.

And while we r on the topic, the website does not play well with the iPad and other multitouch devices.

It's a Microsoft world Howie. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. :wink:

Actually Microsoft has inbedded spy software that monitors ipad use and mess around with the users. :lol:

skierdon
10-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Ok- so I called the office and they confirmed my theory- that I couldn't create a new account because I had one from a prior year, even though it was a different e-mail account. So here is my recommendation.

If this is the case- have an error message tell me that there is already an account in my name. And have a feature that allows me to retrieve my existing log-in in the likely case that I have forgotten it since last October. Otherwise people get frustrated with the process and feel the need to vent on message boards.

In this case online pass-purchasers sit there feeling like an idiot attempting the same thing over and over again, then call the office to troubleshoot the problem which takes up our time and the time of the ticket staff -- or need to keep track of a Sugarbush online account id and pw that gets used once a year and falls at the bottom of my list of dozens of id's and passwords.

Just some constructive criticism for a mountain that I consider best-of-bread in all other experiences.

arc1
10-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Just some constructive criticism for a mountain that I consider best-of-bread in all other experiences.[/quote]

Best of bread is high praise indeed....

skierdon
10-21-2010, 12:36 PM
haha. that was before lunch!

HowieT2
10-21-2010, 02:08 PM

It's a Microsoft world Howie. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. :wink:

Actually Microsoft has inbedded spy software that monitors ipad use and mess around with the users. :lol:

Funny, that's what I told my wife when I bought a PC desktop recently, and she was not happy.

win
10-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Thank you Skierdon!