PDA

View Full Version : Community Day

Hawk
10-11-2010, 05:43 AM
Missed my first community day since I started coming to Sugarbush. What did Win have to say? Anything new, interesting or different other than the lodges and the snowmaking pipe?

summitchallenger
10-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Not really. He spent a lot of time talking about the golf course and the summer events/activities. They really pushed the summer events. Makes sense because there is a huge increase in their summer numbers. Nice weather and being open seven days a week make a big difference.

As for the winter, he went over the new lodges, explained what they would have, etc. He also outlined the snowmaking work and other improvements including a new groomer.

The chairlift ride was nice and there was a good crowd. There is a lot of work being done that he did not mention. Besides the snowmaking lines for both sides, they have re-roofed The Gables, are repainting Heaven's Gate and Super Bravo (the latter is done), doing something with the deck/lodge at Mount Ellen, clearing brush on the sides of trails at Mount Ellen, finishing up glades, and other things I'm sure I failed to mention.