PDA

View Full Version : College pass / day pass

skiladi
09-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Hey , first time I've had a full time college student in the family. I see the pass price is $319 until 11/1 but wanted to know ( since I wasn't paying attention until now ) if they get discounts on day passes also. My grandson is wicked excited to come to Sugarbush this season but I'm not sure how many days he will be able to make it. And the pass prices are TBD as yet. Also , what is the protocol? Just a student ID ? Or is it more involved than that? Win? Or anyone else know the details? And he will be 19 in January so is that adult rate or does he still qualify for youth?

skibum1321
09-14-2010, 08:55 AM
There usually isn't a college day ticket. For the college pass they typically need a letter from the registrar proving that they are a full time student.

skiladi
09-14-2010, 09:03 AM
There usually isn't a college day ticket. For the college pass they typically need a letter from the registrar proving that they are a full time student.

Thanks for the info. At $319 I may spring for it. If he goes 10 times that's a great deal.

summitchallenger
09-14-2010, 09:13 AM
SB does not do day pass promos for College Students. Their response is that the college pass is their promo.

And as said, for purchasing a season pass, students do need to provide a letter from the registrar and form of College ID. Note that if he is going to school in the area and buys from a student rep, the student rep usually coordinates the letter part so that the purchaser need only show up with his/her ID to get their pass. At least that is what I did when I was a student rep for the mountain ;)

As for the age, I believe that the pass site states what date is used to determine if someone is an 'adult' or a 'junior.'

skiladi
09-14-2010, 09:19 AM
SB does not do day pass promos for College Students. Their response is that the college pass is their promo.

And as said, for purchasing a season pass, students do need to provide a letter from the registrar and form of College ID. Note that if he is going to school in the area and buys from a student rep, the student rep usually coordinates the letter part so that the purchaser need only show up with his/her ID to get their pass. At least that is what I did when I was a student rep for the mountain ;)

As for the age, I believe that the pass site states what date is used to determine if someone is an 'adult' or a 'junior.'

He goes to school in NH.

summitchallenger
09-14-2010, 10:32 AM

He goes to school in NH.

There might be a Student Rep at his college/university, but I doubt that. Hell, he might be able to become that rep.

skierdon
09-14-2010, 12:36 PM
pretty easy to get the registrar's letter. Most college's let you request it online and have it mailed to you or available to print. It's going to snow a lot this winter so I'd recommend the pass.

skiladi
09-15-2010, 09:39 AM
pretty easy to get the registrar's letter. Most college's let you request it online and have it mailed to you or available to print. It's going to snow a lot this winter so I'd recommend the pass.

:D 8) :!:

win
09-15-2010, 06:45 PM
The discount is just for season passes.

Hawk
09-16-2010, 06:30 AM

I wouldn't say most Colleges. I have several friends that have kids that do college pass prgrams and the colleges they go to(St. A's, Trinity and BC), require you to go to the registars office in person and present your Student ID to obtain an official letter from the Registar Office.

Just sayin.

summitchallenger
09-16-2010, 07:07 AM

I wouldn't say most Colleges. I have several friends that have kids that do college pass prgrams and the colleges they go to(St. A's, Trinity and BC), require you to go to the registars office in person and present your Student ID to obtain an official letter from the Registar Office.

Just sayin.

Very true Hawk. I think it is good that schools know who their students are. At both undergrad (Middlebury) and law school (Vermont) folks knew me in the office and they did a good job taking care of me.

As to the pass, it is a great deal. I am a bit biased of course ;)

skierdon
09-16-2010, 02:08 PM

Just sayin.

thats funny because I am a grad student at BC and can go on our website and have the letter e-mailed on demand or sent within a few days with a watermark and inked signature. As an undergrad I was completely clueless to these things so I'm sure it is more of a chore for the kids.

Hawk
09-17-2010, 06:46 AM

Just sayin.

thats funny because I am a grad student at BC and can go on our website and have the letter e-mailed on demand or sent within a few days with a watermark and inked signature. As an undergrad I was completely clueless to these things so I'm sure it is more of a chore for the kids.
BC may have automated thier system recently. They are very tech savy. I am not sure when my friends kid graduated but his report may have been from a few years back.