PDA

View Full Version : Times Argus: Sugarbush's FIS is Top Trail at Top Resort

summitchallenger
09-10-2010, 08:58 AM
According to Win's last update, FIS was voted the best ski trail in Vermont by The Times Argus. The same "Best of the Best Reader's Choice" survey named Sugarbush as the best ski resort. Congrats. Anyone see the article or take part in the survey?

skibum1321
09-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Seriously? FIS? Of all the awesome trails in VT they chose a straight, ice chute...

vonski
09-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Wonder if they include lower FIS in that!?

ManyTurns
09-11-2010, 05:35 PM
According to Win's last update, FIS was voted the best ski trail in Vermont by The Times Argus. The same "Best of the Best Reader's Choice" survey named Sugarbush as the best ski resort. Congrats. Anyone see the article or take part in the survey?

FIS the best trail? I can think of any number of trails that are better. FIS is good, but it isn't very long, and is often icy. Black Diamond is much better, as are Tumbler and Hammerhead. Almost every trail over on Castlerock is better than FIS. Off Lincoln peak, Paradise and the Mall are better. Of course, there's Egan's Woods and Lew's Line. And what about Rumble? How could anyone think that FIS is better than Rumble?

Tin Woodsman
09-11-2010, 06:44 PM

FIS the best trail? I can think of any number of trails that are better. FIS is good, but it isn't very long, and is often icy. Black Diamond is much better, as are Tumbler and Hammerhead. Almost every trail over on Castlerock is better than FIS. Off Lincoln peak, Paradise and the Mall are better. Of course, there's Egan's Woods and Lew's Line. And what about Rumble? How could anyone think that FIS is better than Rumble?

Agreed. Even if you include Lower FIS, there are a handful of trails at North alone that are better. I'm not sure the Times Argus is exactly the best authority on this matter, though it's by definition a pretty subjective exercise.

win
09-12-2010, 06:52 AM
This was a reader's poll of the Times Argus that voted for the "Best of the Best in Vermont". There were many categories - restaurants, inns, etc. Sugarbush was voted the best downhill ski resort and the best downhill snowboard resort and well as having FIS voted the best slope. I believe this was the first time The Times Argus has done this. Last year we also got great accolades from the onthesnow.com ratings, and that is something everyone can participate in.