PDA

View Full Version : Provision Store to Open at Clay Brook

HowieT2
09-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Waffle House will be on the northside of Gate House. Sunrise will be more than am.

Good news.

BTW- heard a rumor that Surefoot is gone and a provision store will go into that location. If true, more good news.

win
09-07-2010, 05:28 PM
True.

daevious
09-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Gosh, that's awesome. What is a Provision Store?

vonski
09-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Gosh, that's awesome. What is a Provision Store?
Some of this some of that! Maybe? :?:

Lostone
09-07-2010, 06:38 PM
I would think bread, milk, paper towels, and such?

HowieT2
09-07-2010, 06:54 PM
While I don't see myself shopping there much, if at all, it really is necessary for clay brook guests. And surefoot is no loss.

Tin Woodsman
09-08-2010, 12:24 AM
While I don't see myself shopping there much, if at all, it really is necessary for clay brook guests. And surefoot is no loss.

+1

Might have a modest impact on business at Paradise but it sure will be convenient for CB guests and SB Village residents.

ski_resort_observer
09-08-2010, 09:27 AM

+1

Might have a modest impact on business at Paradise but it sure will be convenient for CB guests and SB Village residents.

We plan on selling anything a guest might need like cold medicine, tissues, batteries and I think we will be selling beer. We are currently putting together a list of items so if anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to pass that along.

HowieT2
09-08-2010, 09:56 AM

+1

We plan on selling anything a guest might need like cold medicine, tissues, batteries and I think we will be selling beer. We are currently putting together a list of items so if anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to pass that along.

Clif Shot Blocs ( I think I may have to go into rehab for this)

Tin Woodsman
09-08-2010, 04:36 PM

+1

This is actually a great idea, to the point where I think I'll try to split it out into a separate thread.

Tin Woodsman
09-08-2010, 04:44 PM

+1

This is actually a great idea, to the point where I think I'll try to split it out into a separate thread.

Now that that is out of the way, a few ideas:

1) Contact lens solution (can't tell you how many times I've needed this - saliva is a lousy substitute)
2) Antacids (Tums, Zantac)
3) Diapers
4) Feminine hygiene pads (so I'm told)
5) Carmex and sunblock (though I think that's already available at the shop in the lodge)
6) 5 hour energy or equivalent
7) Snack/energy bars of all kinds
8) Bags of GORP

shadyjay
09-08-2010, 10:02 PM
This is GREAT news! I was kind of thinking such a store in the Sugarbush Village, but having something right at Clay Brook/LP Village would definitely give it more visibility and hopefully a greater lifespan than a location "ovah yondah".

muddy_hollow
09-09-2010, 10:48 AM
What a bummer. I hope they're not gone for good.....

Yard Sale
09-09-2010, 10:56 AM
What a bummer. I hope they're not gone for good.....

+1. Not to mention, I like the Paradise.

Hawk
09-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Never been to Surefoot and this store will be less than half the distance from Paradise for me. Now I am sure that for most things there will be a bigger variety at Paradise but who wants to go down there during the day for simple things? Not me.

random_ski_guy
09-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Oh damn, has surefoot folded up all together on the east coast? i made the mistake of buying their boots and i have never been happy with them. i like my boots tight, but these are ridiculous. they owe me a refit, but alas i may have waited to long.

win
09-12-2010, 07:18 AM
THis is not at all meant to compete with Paradise or other stores. They provide a great service, but we know that many of our guests want the convenience of something at the Resort. We are working on our plan now, so all input is helpful.

boze
09-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Couple additions....
Light snacks: chips, cookies, crackers
Beer, wine, mixers (tonic, club soda, ginger ale...sometimes some prefer a drink in room w/ their friends, or after-hours)
Batteries
Bandaids
Aspirin
Universal charger (iPhone, MP3 player...ee these sell quickly at other resorts, to the 'forgetful')