PDA

View Full Version : Ski House Member(S) Wanted.

Treeskier
08-11-2010, 07:34 PM
A great house with a fine view
http://clubxtaski.com/070214_Powder_Storm/bin/images/small/080.jpg
Large living room
http://www.clubxtaski.com/Rental_Views_web/photos/035e_090815.jpg

Hot Tub

And gets lots of snow!

Looking for member(s).

Contact Treeskier@me.com

random_ski_guy
08-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Nice Place, Nice Photos. You may have a future in real estate.

Treeskier
09-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Days are getting shorter!

Snow soon.

http://www.clubxtaski.com/091128_Mad_River_web/photos/001_091128.jpg

Still have openings.

Email for more info. Treeskier@me.com

skierdon
09-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Dear Moderator,

I think this post should be moved to miscellaneous.... while the house may be near Sugarbush, one cannot assume that a guest will not be skiing at MRG, or is instead a cross country skier frequenting Ollie's. Further, the house is not on Sugarbush Resort property.

Thanks for moving and maintaining a consistent policy.

Lostone
09-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Ski house memberships have traditionally been a part of the Sugarbush room since the RSN days.

Trolling is not allowed.

noski
09-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Dear Moderator,

I think this post should be moved to miscellaneous.... while the house may be near Sugarbush, one cannot assume that a guest will not be skiing at MRG, or is instead a cross country skier frequenting Ollie's. Further, the house is not on Sugarbush Resort property.

Thanks for moving and maintaining a consistent policy.

Frankly? +1 But who am I go say....

skierdon
09-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Ski house memberships have traditionally been a part of the Sugarbush room since the RSN days.

Trolling is not allowed.

Just because its been done for a while doesn't mean it's 'right' or 'fair'. Letting someone post wherever because they've been around a while or are a buddy of yours is not good policy. I take offense to the trolling comment, I've been a frequent reader and less frequent poster for the last few years. Many times in the past you and non-moderators have commented that posts are 'not-relevant', so how did I do anything differently this time?

The whole point of this message board should be to create a sense of community, however, it has become more of a p#ssing contest/power trip amongst valley residents. It is a big turn-off to us folks who travel from out of town and look to this board for slope/road conditions, restaurant recommendations, etc.

You'll probably ban me, an out of towner who rents a house, supports both local mountains, and frequents the many restaurants and shops, but I am simply replying to your comment and the fact that you consider my contributions trolling.

happygirl
09-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just stay at that new hostel that is like $35 a night? Which comes with a pub and everything?

gostan
09-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just stay at that new hostel that is like $35 a night? Which comes with a pub and everything?I stayed at Hostel Tevere several times last winter. It is a nice place and Sara and Giles are great hosts. And the breakfasts and pub food are very good.

But, this winter I have opted to join Treeskier's house.

If it is a good snow winter (which it will be) & based upon the number of days I plan to ski, I expect that the house will be an overall different and better social and skiing experience. It will also likely be less expensive than the hostel route (although one must make more of an upfront financial commitment, instead of paying as you go). And, I will have the benefits of the familiarness of the same house members, better common rooms, fewer folks sharing bathrooms, less noise (I think), etc. I can leave my ski's and boots at the house, and not have to trek other equipment and clothing back and forth. Breakfast and lunches at/from the house and the option of Saturday dinner, substantially reduce my chow costs.

The nice thing about all of the housing options in the Valley is that there is something for everyone.

happygirl
09-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks for your input. Your right there is something for everyone. But, I like the idea of having a pub right there and not having to drive to it.

gone.skiing
09-10-2010, 01:28 PM
I am pretty sure you don't have to travel far to get a drink at Treeskier's...

happygirl
09-10-2010, 01:32 PM
I am pretty sure you don't have to travel far to get a drink at Treeskier's...

Ok then, How much does treeskier charge?

gone.skiing
09-10-2010, 01:42 PM
No clue, his email is up above...

HowieT2
09-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I don't know which route ends up being cheaper, but I've been doing a seasonal rental for the last 4 years and I find the big advantage is not having to transport gear back and forth. This may be less important if you are single but with a family, it's huge issue. Also, since it's paid for in advance, you tend to ski more. Many times conditions/weather look marginal such that you might choose to stay home, but since you have the place you go anyway.

Treeskier
09-11-2010, 11:27 AM
That would be called a pass holders day. You leave your house with out packing a lunch and say to everyone I'll be back once I am drenched due to rain out our window. Only to return at 4:30 becouse it either cleared up or you get to the top an find it is snowing up there. End up spending the day in the powder only to ski down and find it is still raining at the valley floor. Hence why you buy a pass and always go for at least 3 runs. Can't tell you how many times those have turned into great Pass Holders Days! Plus you can, at least in our house, always find someone who will go with you. Bad weather or not.

Hardbooter
09-12-2010, 04:40 PM
As far as beer, last year we (I'm also a house member) had switchback ale on tap at the house so we didn't get out to the pub that much. Since treeskier always wants to go out on the town maybe he'll vote for PBR in the keg so we don't all have our beer and go to sleep early.

BTW, welcome gostan to the house. Besides leaving all your gear in VT and sleeping in a comfortable bed, did anyone mention the food? We eat like kings in our house. The Saturday dinners are really great. Also, if you like woods skiing and skiing untracked powder for weeks after a storm... this might be a good house.

I think we're still looking for more members if anyone else is interested.

Treeskier
09-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Come see the house over Columbus Day Weekend.

Give Gregg or Deb a call to schedule 508 795-8592
or Treeskier@me.com

Xskier
09-30-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm walking distance to the Hostel. We are still looking for a few people too.

jwt
10-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Tree/Ex

try putting up picture flyers at the local ski shops as well - they are about to get a lot of traffic - most loyalists to the sport start coming in by Labor Day - the target ski house group.

craigslist and Boston Sports Club - we got a lot from them way back on early 90's. We are looking for one - but Ex needs the most - groups of friends help- even if you sell half shares.

New place just opened up on Rt 9 Westborough - although it may stil be Duncan with a new name Ski Barn Something - and framingfarm has Ski Market and Summit - all will have post boards. Talk to the props - give them a few nights for sending potential members - though ski shop guys ski midweek - all alone.

GoStan is right though- fewer Boston folk hrasd out this way - too bad - we could have 500 more a day without even noticing. OK a 1000 Win, right?

Where else can you spend less that a weeks rental of a house on a seasonal house membership? One midweek use by a family pays for that whole season membership cost - sell that part. I'll keep my ears open for you.

gostan
10-02-2010, 03:53 AM
JWT

Sign of the times, I guess, but Ski Market is long gone, as the equipment wholesalers stopped keeping it alive some time ago.

The board/ wall in the entry way of Summit is exactly what I was thinking about as a good place to post. And, Geoff Grace from Summit confirmed with me during our golf outing this week, that they are busy early season with the serious skiers and riders who do not want to deal with the crowds come late November and December.

Treeskier
10-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Bump ^

Still have 2 openings.

Xskier
10-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Still have 7 openings. Getting nothing but Spam thru craigslist. It will be the first time in 13 years I have more than a spot or two open going into the season.

muddy_hollow
10-26-2010, 05:22 AM
I was going to send your craigslist add to a couple folks I know but I checked Boston and New York City and came up empty handed. Where is it listed?

Hardbooter
10-26-2010, 02:51 PM
We've got one posted in the boston section of Craigslist, under vacation rental.

Xskier
10-26-2010, 04:36 PM
It is posted under Boston - > Housing - > Vacation Rentals. Search for Sugarbush under Boston - Housing and you will see mine. $1000 per share. I am also in Vermont's Craigslist too under Rooms/shares. Thanks for forwarding our adds. Any help is greatly appreciated. If you still can't find it let us know.

Hawk
10-27-2010, 06:13 AM
I vote for Tree skiers house. They have more fun obviously based on the vacancy rate. ;-)

Brew Ski
10-27-2010, 07:00 AM
And they keepp the keg-r-ator full and working!

Xskier
10-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Others would disagree and say that my house is the most fun in the valley. Vacancy rate has nothing to do with the fun level at the house or the great people and everyone who has vacated would say the same. Up until last year I had a waiting list. People are moving on because of money and the high cost to ski sugarbush, kids, grad school, etc. I just lost another one to grad school. Now i need 8 people.

Hawk
10-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Just stirring the pot dude. No need to defend your house. I know Tree and his crew very well. All good people. I don't know you. At least I don't think I do. Anyway I thought it was the least I could do seeing as you hijacked Tree's thread instead of starting your own. ;-)

Treeskier
10-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks Hawk !

On a side note got an email from Jackson Hole who got 41" so far.

(and we still need two members)

gostan
10-28-2010, 03:20 AM
Thanks Hawk !

On a side note got an email from Jackson Hole who got 41" so far.

(and we still need two members)TS, I received that email as well (JH wallpaper of Corbett's on my laptop). Bragg Hill Road wil be my home away from home this winter because all of the ski houses in JH were full. :wink:

Xskier
10-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Just stirring the pot dude. No need to defend your house. I know Tree and his crew very well. All good people. I don't know you. At least I don't think I do. Anyway I thought it was the least I could do seeing as you hijacked Tree's thread instead of starting your own. ;-)

No worries. Its been a frustrating year and after 14 years I am so sick of organizing ski houses. I probably do know you.

Ha, i didn't want to start a new thread and hear people complain it didn't belong in this forum.

Hawk
10-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Oh no. Don't want to start that again. I had enough of that this summer. Geeze. :roll:

Xskier
11-10-2010, 09:28 PM
The Last 7 days have been very kind to me. I found 7 people to join my house so I am now full for the season. I hope everyone else still looking has the same luck.

Hardbooter
11-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Wow, good deal.

If they have any friends who need a place, we had a few people lined up but they fell through so we still have two openings.

HowieT2
11-11-2010, 09:30 AM
The Last 7 days have been very kind to me. I found 7 people to join my house so I am now full for the season. I hope everyone else still looking has the same luck.

Perhaps it wasnt that there was a lack of demand, but that due to the economy, people are reluctant and hesitant to pull the trigger and make a commitment.

Xskier
11-12-2010, 09:41 AM

Perhaps it wasnt that there was a lack of demand, but that due to the economy, people are reluctant and hesitant to pull the trigger and make a commitment.

I definitely get the feeling that many are tight on money.