PDA

View Full Version : Annual Slide Brook Maintenance Work Party Aug 21,22

Treeskier
08-05-2010, 09:43 PM
The annual Slide Brook maintenance work party will be Saturday and Sunday August 21 and 22. We are looking for volunteers to help trim the three ski bands. For your efforts you will receive a voucher as in the past. We will be meeting at 10 AM both days at the bottom of the Super Bravo chair lift.

We will need to bring our own lunch, liquids, cutting tools, first aid kit and be prepared for working in steep woods of Slide Brook. More details can be provided to those who sign up.

Anyone over the age of 18 is invited, so please bring your friends. It is a great way to see the woods during the summer so that you know the best lines to ski next winter. Plus your friends from other mountains can get a voucher for their work and an excuse to sample our Outback on a powder day next season.

Craig Spear
Spear.C@Comcast.net
617-257-4663 - Cell Phone

Hawk
08-09-2010, 08:56 AM
It will be Terri and I as usual. Hope the weather cooperates once again. See you there.

Brew Ski
08-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Julie and I will be up. I plan on working. Julie might be on the bench this year.

Reminder to everyone to sharpen their tools and get good blades and chains for power equipment. We haven't had much luck getting replacement parts the morning of.

I suggest we star near the bottom this year. We never seem to have enough energy or help to finish the bottom and there is a lot of downed stuff in those areas.

Bugs were pretty bad two weeks ago when we hiked with the dogs, so lots of bug spray too.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hawk
08-16-2010, 05:30 PM
See you on Saturday brew.

skimore
08-18-2010, 03:50 PM
I have ski budy who is coming up this weekend to ride, he also skis a few days a year at the bush with me. He wanted to know if he can only work 1 day will he still get a pass? Is it good for the weekends & both mountains.

Thanks

Treeskier
08-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Does not look like it is going to happen. Craig the leader has now got a family issue and I am off to take my daughter to college. The MT has not provided any other staff.

Hawk
08-19-2010, 06:40 AM
Tree I heard that we might have a resceduled date in October. Please keep us informed if you could. We will be up this weekend anyway for DH and Road riding. Saturday after DH we hope to hook up with Jeff and Jules for cocktails on the deck. Later.

Brew Ski
08-19-2010, 09:12 AM
October will work. I'm looking forward to some recreation time on the mountian this weekend. Cocktails after sounds fantastic. C U Saturday.

Tin Woodsman
08-19-2010, 11:29 AM
October is a better time for it anyway with fewer bugs, cooler weather, and fewer leaves obscuring critical sight lines.

HowieT2
08-19-2010, 11:58 AM
October is a better time for it anyway with fewer bugs, cooler weather, and fewer leaves obscuring critical sight lines.

Agreed. plus no DH alternative.
heading up as soon as I can get out of the damn office. should be a nice weekend.

Yard Sale
08-19-2010, 11:59 AM
I would likely be available to dedicate a weekend in October.

smootharc
08-23-2010, 08:37 AM
...is the 'Bush all nicely trimmed now ? How about some pics, including close-ups. Intrepid reporting backed by thorough field research. Anyone ?

HowieT2
08-23-2010, 08:41 AM
...is the 'Bush all nicely trimmed now ? How about some pics, including close-ups. Intrepid reporting backed by thorough field research. Anyone ?

Didn't happen. Check back in october.