PDA

View Full Version : Channel 12's Sugarbush 45/Vermont Skiing History program

shadyjay
07-13-2010, 08:31 PM
A few years ago, I had the foresight to record a digital copy of NBC's Today Show at Sugarbush and make it available to those on this board.

Upon hearing a couple of months ago that RSN would be replaced with Outside Television, I once again fired up the digital recorder to record the Vermont Skiing History / Sugarbush Celebrates 45 program that aired as "filler" on Channel 12 several times a day. In the latter months of this program running on RSN, the audio was fixed to sound a lot more clearer and less like a chewed-up VHS tape. Putting on Channel 12 yesterday at 3:45-4:00 revealed that the program no longer was airing, most likely because Outside TV requires less filler and has more programming (though they run 2 Chez Henri commercials back to back during "local breaks"). The entire copy is "as-aired" on Channel 12 for the past several years. Sugarbush Celebrates 45 features: an interview about the creation of Sugarbush, narration by Warren Miller, funky disco beats and classic 60s-70s outfits, lunch with a steak and a scotch & soda, and a lot more. Also featured are various videos of John Egan and Doug Lewis rippin' it up to 'The Boys are Back in Town' and 'Born in the USA'.

If you missed it (thinking it would air forever, like I thought it would) and are in (or are going to be in) the MRV area and would like your very own complimentary copy, send a PM!

(I'm pretty sure this program isn't available for purchase, but if it is, let me know that, too!)