PDA

View Full Version : Deleted

atkinson
05-06-2010, 10:48 AM
deleted

skiladi
05-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Yeah, that's the forecast, 3-8" above 1000', more at elevation. May, March, they both start with M, right?

Anyway, here's some POV video from this past week on the Cyclone trail (http://www.sugarbush.com/media/sugartube.asp?e=Reun6Gw8ql%2Bxo%2FvwFnxcC4WZ6V41Nt 9gNP6Xhg9OxkI%3D). Even with the snow, the riding is still pretty dry.

Enjoy!

John

Well , John , if you're not lead dog the view never changes so I suspect you like the view. ; } Nice vid.

Hawk
05-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Things look like they dried up pretty good John. Time to head up for a ride I think. Anything new this year that you guys are working on?

atkinson
05-07-2010, 07:34 AM
We got approved for some new trails on the mountain, which will probably get phased in throughout the summer. The biggest and best trail will be a fast flowy route starting near the top of Bravo and winding through the woods down to #18.

As for the MRR network, we've got improvement plans in place for several trails, including the Enchanted Forest, Chain Gang, East Loop, Plum Line and more. Expect tons of maintenance on many existing trails too. This past weekend, we worked on Enchanted Forest, adding drainage and rock armoring near the top. A VYCC crew will be in for a week this spring to finish armoring and drainage from the Tucker Hill side.

We've been working on a new route to avoid Hell Hill, which should be done by the end of the month. There are other simmering projects, but I won't reveal them until they are closer to fruition. Stay tuned for details. FYI, there has been more work done on the trails this spring than I've ever seen at this point in the year. Between an early start and a lot of dedicated volunteers, things are happening quickly.

The Mad River Path is also adding sections this summer, mainly in Waitsfield village, but also linking the snowmaking pond with Riverside Park and potentially the other direction to Lareau Farm. We completed a section from Bridge Street to RT 100S last night.

There may be some new stuff in Moretown this summer too. I added a few sections to Techtown and we have a much larger project behind the Moretown Elementary School that may be started mid-summer.

John

Hawk
05-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Nice! I am looking forward to riding at the MRV this year. Good to here about the Hell Hill reroute. That thing kills me. :wink:

The work that you guys have done got big compliments by some friends of mine that ride out of the Local Folks on Thursday nights.

Good work!

shadyjay
05-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Back to the powder...

A couple inches here at Trailside and out on the Village Run. Going to take some more pics in a little bit and its still coming down!

[does this weather this spring strike anyone else as ODD, or is it just me???]

shadyjay
05-09-2010, 12:19 PM

http://picasaweb.google.com/shadyjayvt/20100509MaySnow#

vonski
05-09-2010, 02:12 PM
No golf today, unless u got orange or blue balls! :shock: :lol: