PDA

View Full Version : Petty Whining

Yard Sale
05-03-2010, 11:56 AM
The constant whining about the operation of this board has no value, is quite the pain in the nads and has to stop. I have no affiliation with TW, LO, or any one else. While I do appreciate the effort put forth by the operators of this board so exists for me to enjoy and help me to remain abreast of all matters Sugarbush, I don't always agree with their opinions. In fact, I am all too happy to disagree and take pot shot at anyone, but hopefully if my opinion is dead wrong I try to make it humorous.

Overall, SKIMRV is fine and the moderators manage it well. I don't really see any patterns of favoitism for posts/posters or whatever. I don't really care, so maybe that's why I don't notice it, but I assume it must go on and a necessary method of exercising a little editorial lisence, but what meaningful benefit or detriment to any posters could be imparted by such action on a message board about recreation?

So, who gives a rat's ass. If this stuff really does get your snow pants in a bunch, well, carry on with the bullshit then, but from what I see from your other content posted here: opinions, photos, video, etc, you're better than that and have much more to offer. So, you may want to consider lightening up a little bit.

BTW shouldn't concerns about the moderators be posted in site feedback? In anticipation of anyone making a mockery of my honorable online handle "Yard Sale" ala "Woodless", respectfully in advance and respectfully, I respond thusly: Eat me.

Respectfully,

YS

summitchallenger
05-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Um, what?

barkbiter
05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Um, what?

Yes, Yard Sale like usual makes no sense whatsoever. He complains about whining but then goes on to whine. It's a pain in the n**s and it has to stop, but then he's "all too happy to disagree and take a potshot, as long as it's funny". Well, which is it ??? I dare you to make sense of the rest of his post. If you don't really care, or you don't give a rat's a**, then why do you go on and on about it ?

Moderators, please, is the language from Yard Sale acceptable ?

pain in the n**s
don't give a rat's a**
carry on with the bull***t
Eat m*

Is it really necessary ? Or is it acceptable now ?

Lostone
05-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig.

You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw

Tin Woodsman
05-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Thankfully, this pig is all bark and no bite.

vonski
05-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Thankfully, this pig is all bark and no bite.

dogs bark! pigs grunt! :lol:

gone.skiing
05-04-2010, 09:16 PM
YS, if you don't give a rat's ass why create a separate thread for it... just like Lostone when he gets his little feelings hurt?

Lostone invented this little game at the beginning of the season where he promptly bounced all my trip reports to Misc forum while leaving others alone. That was at the time when SB was not even open. Apparently he wants to keep playing it. "Moved per gone.skiing's request" - give me a break. Per whose request were my TRs moved?

Without exception nobody who submits trip reports likes to see them moved. Not Atkinson, not Treeskier...

vonski,
good job adding smiley face - I almost missed that joke. PS: don't recall any TRs from you this year.

Lostone,
did you do any skiing this last storm? How about more stoke and less moderation? Parking lot picture will do if that is all you have...

barkbiter
05-04-2010, 10:11 PM
No, Lostmarm will only post a lousy fitting quote, get down in the dirt and swear he didn't, and tell us about the green and blue slopes. I wish Lostmarm or Tin Woodless would tell us about some of the great woods they skied this year. So tell us big boys, how did Bearclaw ski for you this year ? The Church ? Huey ? Connie's Woods ? Any of the great woods of the Bush that lots of us come to ski ? I saw a lot of people from this forum in the woods regularly, Lostmarm only in the lunchroom, lonely and scraggly. Woodless ? Were you out there ?

And I, I acted like I took the road less traveled, and did something special.
I did not. I use a quote to make me look deep, when I have nothing to say.
It does not.
I use one of the most quoted quotes of all time as my sig line
It certainly doesn't fit.
I wouldn't know a path with heart if I stumbled upon it.
--the deep sage, Lostmarm

vonski
05-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Gone. I always forget the camera, and then forget when I do remember to take it out and use it. Therefore, lack of trip reports. Maybe next year! Oh, yeah and the one time I did post a report, I caught hell for posting a map of the woods essentially, So, I keep it to myself. :lol: :roll:

skiladi
05-05-2010, 08:03 AM
It's THAT time of year again. The skiing is "virtually" done and we all feel the loss but let's not take it out on each other or the Moderater of the forum. It has to be a thankless job to try to have some semblance of order on an internet forum. Some of us know each other and others are anonymous but words on a screen become our connection. So while I find a lot of the gentle jokes amusing let's not go too far with personal attacks. It may empower some but it is unbecoming. ; }

Plowboy
05-05-2010, 08:14 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/MX51/group-hug.jpg

Yard Sale
05-05-2010, 08:53 AM
GS,

I had originally posted my comments on another thread and then understood that I was stepping on stoke, so I moved it here.

I started this thread on the constant criticism of the moderators because IMHO it is unnecessarily negative. Really, the only reason I mention it at all is that IMHO these relentless assaults detract from an otherwise quality board and probably discourage participation from some other members, new comers as well as long standing members. But if you feel that strongly about it, its a free country. Knock your self out. I'll just go back to ignoring it.

So no, I don't give a rodents fanny(G rated for you BB) about how the moderators are managing the board and moving posts. I don't see any gross negligence or abuse of power. So, I guess I just don't understand the necessity for the quick trigger and what seem to be rather pointed and somewhat personal assaults including name calling on the moderators.

Yes, I have tossed barbs here and there, at Tin Woodsman for example as well as others, but, even if I failed in my attempt, an attempt was made to be humorous, to transmit and hopefully have it received as a friendly jab and that any jabs were hopefully somewhat relevant to the context of whatever the conversation may have been at the time.

As I said in my original comment on this matter GS, aside from this topic of critiquing moderators, I enjoy (especially the eye candy) and appreciate your posts for being informative, the jell packs of coagulant etc. It's that type of stuff that I enjoy and come to this board to get. That's all.

BB, I wasn't really addressing your contributions to the board. Sorry for not making that clear. Your criticism of the moderators is actually spot on as it is consistent with all of your other contributions on all matters SKIMRV, just pointless muck raking. There's nothing wrong with that, and your good at it. So, keep up the good work, . . . I guess. :P

Skiladi, well said.

Plowboy, you too, but uh, . . . ew.

Respectfully,

YS

djd66
05-05-2010, 04:05 PM
If you can't give "site feed back" in the site feed back area, what is this part of the forum for??? If i start talking about site feed back from the Kzone - where would you move my post then?? :lol:

Look, Lostone,... I'm sure you are a nice guy,... But, I think the whole idea of having seperate "rooms" in a forum is for forums that see 100x more traffic than this forum does. I mean come on - i think the Mad River site has 10 posts in the past 3 years - I think you should just drop the Mad River room. Even the Sugarbush forum has very little traffic. To move someone's post b/c it is not specifically about Sugarbush,.. i mean really - WTFC! It would just make the experience of visiting the site easier if you just had 1 or 2 rooms - THAT's IT! All it means is extra mouse clicking trying to navigate this site. Is it just me,... or do other people chuckle when something gets posted in say the middle of August (not many posts in August) and next day it gets moved to some other forum.

I vote for 2 rooms and lets self police it,...

Lostone
05-05-2010, 06:43 PM
If you can't give "site feed back" in the site feed back area, what is this part of the forum for??? If i start talking about site feed back from the Kzone - where would you move my post then?? :lol:

That is exactly what this room is for. If you posted the feedback in the Kzone... it would be kinda out of my jurisdiction. :wink:

But, I think the whole idea of having seperate "rooms" in a forum is for forums that see 100x more traffic than this forum does.

I've seen (much) smaller sites with multiple rooms. I've seen things moved between rooms in them. I've not seen many complaints about it, in them.

i think the Mad River site has 10 posts in the past 3 years - I think you should just drop the Mad River room. I count 13 in the last year, but your suggestion is noted.

To move someone's post b/c it is not specifically about Sugarbush,.. i mean really - WTFC!

Obviously, there are a few who care.

You can see I care, because I move them to where they should have originally been posted.
You can see there are a few others that get very upset that I have done so. For the record, these are the same people who will get very upset if I don't move someone else's post quickly enough for them.

And, for the record, a while back, this board was having technical problems. A thread was started on the Alpine Zone board, about it. It was started in the Skiing room. It was moved to the feedback room, and there were no complaints about it from anyone , including from people from here, who use that board, and complain about my moving threads.

I vote for 2 rooms and lets self police it,..
Like I said, your suggestion on the 2 rooms is noted. But what should those two rooms be? When we started this forum, we essentially copied parts of the Alpine Zone board. We originally had rooms for trip reports. They got no real use, so they were eliminated.

But what would y'all like to have? Start a thread, or even a poll. Just... don't do it in the Sugarbush room. :lol:

In theory, we have the ability to change it around any way we want... but have you ever read the thread about a name for the Misc. room?

But as for self-policing, I am a member of one unmoderated forum, and I seldom go there. Just too much crap. And although there are a few that feel this board is over-moderated, the reason I get that many people no longer post here is that there is still too much crap.

How do you propose to self-police... anything? :roll: :lol:

HowieT2
05-05-2010, 09:34 PM

Look, Lostone,... I'm sure you are a nice guy,... But, I think the whole idea of having seperate "rooms" in a forum is for forums that see 100x more traffic than this forum does. I mean come on - i think the Mad River site has 10 posts in the past 3 years - I think you should just drop the Mad River room. Even the Sugarbush forum has very little traffic. To move someone's post b/c it is not specifically about Sugarbush,.. i mean really - WTFC! It would just make the experience of visiting the site easier if you just had 1 or 2 rooms - THAT's IT! All it means is extra mouse clicking trying to navigate this site. Is it just me,... or do other people chuckle when something gets posted in say the middle of August (not many posts in August) and next day it gets moved to some other forum.

definitely.

Tin Woodsman
05-06-2010, 12:43 PM

definitely.

I'm down with combining the SB and MRG rooms, though I think there is a reasonable rationale for having a separate thread for Valley goings on as well as Miscellaneous. YMMV.

Either way, bitch all you want at Lostone and I - neither of us have the ability to implement the changes. We can only make suggestions.

As for self-policing, I'd prefer moderation with a gentle touch. I participate on a lot of discussion forums, and there are always, ALWAYS a few bad apples who spoil the experience for everyone else.

djd66
05-06-2010, 02:49 PM
"As for self-policing, I'd prefer moderation with a gentle touch. I participate on a lot of discussion forums, and there are always, ALWAYS a few bad apples who spoil the experience for everyone else."

I'm not bitching,... just giving site feed back. (just be happy I'm giving site feed back in the site feed back room) Don't take this stuff personal - as it is not meant to be personal. I really enjoy hitting this site up all winter long,... and some in the off season.

I like the idea of moderating with a "gentle touch”,.... like when Sugarbush isn't even open and one of the "regulars" posts a trip report for Sunday River - don't go and move it.

As far as self-policing - why not just give it a hands off approach for a while and see how things go. You may be surprised. Forums that get a lot of traffic need moderators, this forum barely gets any traffic,... and I promise to behave myself.

Lostone
05-06-2010, 06:55 PM
I like the idea of moderating with a "gentle touch”,.... like when Sugarbush isn't even open and one of the "regulars" posts a trip report for Sunday River - don't go and move it.

I think the moderation is very light, here. As for moving the post, it had nothing to do with Sugarbush. It might have been posted where it would fit in the board that was in the poster's imagination, but that was not the board that he was posting in.

He chose to post it here, where we (presently and at that time) have a room for things related to Sugarbush, one for things related to Mad River Glen, one for things related to the Mad River Valley, one for site feedback and one for all other things. This is not something that is really difficult to understand. I question why it is a big thing to a very small group that I moved it, and not a big thing that he posted it in the wrong place.

As for the one room, two rooms three rooms, more, thing... Do you know it has already been discussed?

Check out the threads below this one. Of interest, might be these:

Skimrv.com message board layout
Nov 03, 2008

This site's future...

Most of the people complaining about the layout were here when the first one listed, was posted. Not a lot of them had much to say about it.

As for going unmoderated, I would be against it. That is so were I to be a moderator or not. Like I said, I am a registered member at boards with no moderation or censorship. It started small, built to be larger, (tho far smaller than this) and then shrunk to about 20 regulars of whom, almost all posting is done by about 7.

You may behave, but others will not. It is obvious that there are people who will not act like adults. And you need no more than 2 people to get into ... childish crap.

And, as to this board being small, it is far larger than you think. Check out the number of views, as opposed to posts. Check out the numbers of the Format thread, I mentioned, above.

chuck
05-07-2010, 09:31 AM
well said.

Fourwide
05-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I've been on the forum for several years. Those who participate in forums generally aren't shy expressing their points of view, and that can lead to snippy comments, and worse, at times. I recall the prior forum, which was derailed by too many personal attacks and other unpleasantry. I think our moderators do a very nice job preserving a civil balance. Some of our wood-chewing friends might test the limits at times, and occasionally our moderators take on an overly-chastizing tone, but even that repartee is quite polite, and the exception, not the rule. Here's to the moderators, and let's all keep up the good work!

Yard Sale
05-07-2010, 10:58 AM
I've been on the forum for several years. Those who participate in forums generally aren't shy expressing their points of view, and that can lead to snippy comments, and worse, at times. I recall the prior forum, which was derailed by too many personal attacks and other unpleasantry. I think our moderators do a very nice job preserving a civil balance. Some of our wood-chewing friends might test the limits at times, and occasionally our moderators take on an overly-chastizing tone, but even that repartee is quite polite, and the exception, not the rule. Here's to the moderators, and let's all keep up the good work!

+1

summitchallenger
05-07-2010, 11:28 AM

I concur.

gone.skiing
05-07-2010, 04:31 PM
He chose to post it here, where we (presently and at that time) have a room for things related to Sugarbush, one for things related to Mad River Glen, one for things related to the Mad River Valley, one for site feedback and one for all other things. This is not something that is really difficult to understand. I question why it is a big thing to a very small group that I moved it, and not a big thing that he posted it in the wrong place.

Lostone you are still lost... It is not hard to understand... What is difficult to understand is that of two threads with exact same content one gets moved in NY minute and the other posted by "sugarbush crew" does not. Same goes for mountain biking threads that have nothing to do with Sugarbush. Please don't BS me about "being busy doing something else", somehow you always found a few minutes at 6AM to move my stuff.

Clearly Atkinson is computer savvy enough to post in the forum he aims for. He does not like to see his stuff moved, nor does Treeskier, nor do I. Nobody wants to see their TRs in Misc forum. Is it that hard for you to understand? People went out, shot pics, did the work - leave their stuff alone. What is the urge to micro manage?

gone.skiing
05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
i think the Mad River site has 10 posts in the past 3 years - I think you should just drop the Mad River room. I count 13 in the last year, but your suggestion is noted.

Those 3 extra threads really put it over the top... For comparison at the moment TGR board has 2224 (376 members & 1848 guests) users on-line and it has single Ski/ride forum...

Lostone
05-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Please don't BS me about "being busy doing something else", somehow you always found a few minutes at 6AM to move my stuff.

So... are you saying that I wait by the computer, waiting for you to post something so that I can move it? Why no mention of the threads that you posted about Sugarbush in the Sugarbush room that I didn't move?

These things are judgment calls. What do you do with a post that contains two topics? I can split them off, I can move them, or I can leave them as they are. You may not agree with my judgment. I can live with that.

You posted something about Sunday River in the Sugarbush room and I moved it.

What is the urge to micro manage?

Just doing my job. It is the same job, being done in the same way it was when you first showed up, here. If it was so objectionable, why did you not go elsewhere? You might not like it. Talk to my boss.

Those 3 extra threads really put it over the top... For comparison at the moment TGR board has 2224 (376 members & 1848 guests) users on-line and it has single Ski/ride forum...
Those three extra threads were in one year, and were in contrast to the quantity given of 10 threads in 3 years.

As for TGR, we're not using their format, at the present. If that one fits your style more, feel free to post your stuff there. They won't get moved and we'll all be happier.

Tin Woodsman
05-07-2010, 11:59 PM

Lostone you are still lost... It is not hard to understand... What is difficult to understand is that of two threads with exact same content one gets moved in NY minute and the other posted by "sugarbush crew" does not. Same goes for mountain biking threads that have nothing to do with Sugarbush. Please don't BS me about "being busy doing something else", somehow you always found a few minutes at 6AM to move my stuff.

Clearly Atkinson is computer savvy enough to post in the forum he aims for. He does not like to see his stuff moved, nor does Treeskier, nor do I. Nobody wants to see their TRs in Misc forum. Is it that hard for you to understand? People went out, shot pics, did the work - leave their stuff alone. What is the urge to micro manage?

You know, it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

Tin Woodsman
05-08-2010, 06:20 PM
I have to laugh. The TGR board has 20 separate forums. If you want to discuss getting together on a particular mountain - hook up or Summit forum. What about your injuries? Gimp forum. Weather? Sorry - that's the weather forum.

Might be helpful if you found a good example to support your points instead of one that simply generates irony.

barkbiter
05-08-2010, 08:33 PM
??? You gotta be kidding. Since when does making a factual point carry any weight with the brilliant never make a mistake never take a suggestion never wrong Woodless and Lostmarm.

Tin Woodsman
05-09-2010, 04:37 PM
??? You gotta be kidding. Since when does making a factual point carry any weight with the brilliant never make a mistake never take a suggestion never wrong Woodless and Lostmarm.

It is also a factual point that the mandate of TGR is just slightly broader than this forum. It exists to discuss skiing everywhere in the world, so it wouldn't be practical to have a different forum for each area. They split their discussion into the groupings they think make sense. We here are focused on just one small valley, so we split it up the way we think is appropriate. With the exception of a tiny, yet vocal, minority, it seems to work just fine. I'd encourage you to take your discussion elsewhere if you don't approve.

barkbiter
05-09-2010, 07:53 PM

It is also a factual point that the mandate of TGR is just slightly broader than this forum. It exists to discuss skiing everywhere in the world, so it wouldn't be practical to have a different forum for each area. They split their discussion into the groupings they think make sense. We here are focused on just one small valley, so we split it up the way we think is appropriate. With the exception of a tiny, yet vocal, minority, it seems to work just fine. I'd encourage you to take your discussion elsewhere if you don't approve.

Another typical Woodless approach. Everyone knows there are people like you who just want ten people on the mountain skiing, and you'd also prefer just the ten people here listening to and agreeing with your bullshit. Neither Sugarbush or skimrv.com would exist without more. So why do you bother to have a site at all if you want to do is chase people away ? Why have a site at all if you just prefer yes men ? Just post your crap on a blog have no one call you on it.

If you are encouraging me to go away just cut me off. You and Lostmarm have already said you'd prefer me to go away. Just do it ! I wonder if Greg wants that. I'm sure more people are amused by my silliness than your gawd awful knowing-it-all.

Thank goodness you guys have nothing to do with skiing and the mountain ! You'd have us all skiing trails only and only on approved days and locals only allowed.
At least Lostmarm gives us the green and blue trail report.

So were you out there skiing Sugarbush woods ? Do you ski at all ? Tell us , how did Bearclaw ski for you this year ?

Lostone
05-09-2010, 08:40 PM
(1) The site has done well in the two years before you showed up. It has grown from nothing to over 20,000 posts. Is it a TGR? No... And I think that is a good thing.

It has certainly not been a bevy of yes-men (or women).

People have disagreed on mountain policies.
People have disagreed on condition reports.
People have disagreed the weather, both coming and present.

Most discussions have remained cordial, as when adults discuss things.

(B) Silliness is not how I've heard anyone describe your postings. When talking to your friends, it could be described as such. You mostly don't talk to friends, here.

barkbiter
05-09-2010, 09:20 PM
(B) Silliness is not how I've heard anyone describe your postings. When talking to your friends, it could be described as such. You mostly don't talk to friends, here.[/quote]

You'd be surprised Lonely scraggly Lostmarm. Go back to your lonely lunches. That's all I've ever seen of you at the mountain.

Lostone
05-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Which proves how often you've seen me.

barkbiter
05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Which proves how often you've seen me.

Never saw you on a steep slope or in the woods. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Bore us with more of your great storiezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tin Woodsman
05-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Another typical Woodless approach. Everyone knows there are people like you who just want ten people on the mountain skiing, and you'd also prefer just the ten people here listening to and agreeing with your bullshit.

Pillow -

It's apparent that not only your social skills but also your reading comprehension and memory are in need of some help. Nearly every post I've made hear is based on a desire for the mountain to succeed. Perhaps I advocated for a larger Castlerock Pub so my ten friends and I could have more room to stretch out. Perhaps I argued that the boot/bag room in v1.0 of the new GH lodge was inadequate b/c my ten friends and I didn't have enough room for our snowblades and Ugg boots. Surely I'm passionate about improving the snowmaking system so that me and my ten friends can just have much more room to roam on the trails. With such keen insight, I'm not sure why you'd waste your time posting on this board - surely there is a higher calling for that level of intellect.

Neither Sugarbush or skimrv.com would exist without more. So why do you bother to have a site at all if you want to do is chase people away ? Why have a site at all if you just prefer yes men ? Just post your crap on a blog have no one call you on it.

See above. I've consistently advocated for more lively discourse here. I've argued both in public and private for a lighter hand to moderation. The record is here for you to see, if you'd bother to get out of your own way for half a nanosecond. Just b/c you've got a persecution complex and get a kick out of stirring up faux controversies, that doesn't alter the record. To put an even brighter red bow on your parade of misinformation and irrelevance, this isn't my site, never has been and I have no say in whether it continues to exist.

If you are encouraging me to go away just cut me off. You and Lostmarm have already said you'd prefer me to go away. Just do it ! I wonder if Greg wants that. I'm sure more people are amused by my silliness than your gawd awful knowing-it-all.

Thank goodness you guys have nothing to do with skiing and the mountain ! You'd have us all skiing trails only and only on approved days and locals only allowed.
How did you guess?

So were you out there skiing Sugarbush woods ? Do you ski at all ? Tell us , how did Bearclaw ski for you this year ?
Of course! I get in line behind all the other tourists waiting to shred its pristine, out-of-the-way lines. Where else would I ski but Bear Claw and the marked woods runs? They're teh bestest!!!1111

Hawk
05-10-2010, 07:28 AM
The length and scope of this argument totally amazes me. Even more so because I have met and talked with most of the people that are involved. Well except for Tin. All of you are intelligent, nice people in person but for some reason this whole forum administration thing just make everybody go batty.

Is it really that big a deal or is it just a personnel thing now? I am certainly very guilty of posting in the wrong place or hijacking a thread and taking away from the topic or even the Bush altogether. But you know what? I could not care less if it gets moved. I just try to get my point across and move on.

The only problem with this thread is the personnel attacks on the moderators. This needs to go. Sure, Tin has some very strong opinions on things and sometimes goes a little overboard. IMO. But so do other people and that is what makes it fun on here. You just listen and then debate. He takes the abuse pretty good I think. :wink:
But Lostone has always been a gentleman to me. I see him on the hill all the time and everywhere summer and winter. He smiles and has a kind word to say. But being quiet and to himself at lunch is no crime. Hell I strive for that at myself when face with that madhouse know as Gatehouse. He does what he does with this forum and I have no problem with it. After all, it is just a forum and not life and death. Right?

That is all. As you were.

HowieT2
05-10-2010, 12:49 PM
The length and scope of this argument totally amazes me. Even more so because I have met and talked with most of the people that are involved. Well except for Tin. All of you are intelligent, nice people in person but for some reason this whole forum administration thing just make everybody go batty.

Is it really that big a deal or is it just a personnel thing now? I am certainly very guilty of posting in the wrong place or hijacking a thread and taking away from the topic or even the Bush altogether. But you know what? I could not care less if it gets moved. I just try to get my point across and move on.

The only problem with this thread is the personnel attacks on the moderators. This needs to go. Sure, Tin has some very strong opinions on things and sometimes goes a little overboard. IMO. But so do other people and that is what makes it fun on here. You just listen and then debate. He takes the abuse pretty good I think. :wink:
But Lostone has always been a gentleman to me. I see him on the hill all the time and everywhere summer and winter. He smiles and has a kind word to say. But being quiet and to himself at lunch is no crime. Hell I strive for that at myself when face with that madhouse know as Gatehouse. He does what he does with this forum and I have no problem with it. After all, it is just a forum and not life and death. Right?

That is all. As you were.

+1.
BB- your shtick is not funny or amusing.
While I disagree with the quick hooks on the threads, the personal attacks are uncalled for and not entertaining at all.

Fourwide
05-10-2010, 01:49 PM
I vote to move the Barkbiter/Woodsman/Lostone "discussion" to a separate thread... :)

gone.skiing
05-10-2010, 04:55 PM
You posted something about Sunday River in the Sugarbush room and I moved it.

And when others post the same stuff you don't...

Just doing my job. It is the same job, being done in the same way it was when you first showed up, here. If it was so objectionable, why did you not go elsewhere? You might not like it. Talk to my boss.

As for TGR, we're not using their format, at the present. If that one fits your style more, feel free to post your stuff there. They won't get moved and we'll all be happier.

Is that a royal WE? Lostone's and TW's kingdom of boot room and snowmaking debates? I will go back a check my welcome package for your JOB description.

gone.skiing
05-10-2010, 05:02 PM
You know, it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

If you were trying to disappoint me you succeeded... I expect Lostone to continue protecting his JOB, but you seemed to actually follow the input from posters.

gone.skiing
05-10-2010, 05:16 PM
I have to laugh. The TGR board has 20 separate forums. If you want to discuss getting together on a particular mountain - hook up or Summit forum. What about your injuries? Gimp forum. Weather? Sorry - that's the weather forum.

Might be helpful if you found a good example to support your points instead of one that simply generates irony.

Single ski/ride forum is my point. Summits is barely used, roll call threads go into main forum, conditions including weather in particular areas go into main forum. Tech talk and Swap are the other ones that are in regular use. Can't recall last time a moderator moved the thread because it did not belong.

Yard Sale
05-11-2010, 09:52 AM

Single ski/ride forum is my point. Summits is barely used, roll call threads go into main forum, conditions including weather in particular areas go into main forum. Tech talk and Swap are the other ones that are in regular use. Can't recall last time a moderator moved the thread because it did not belong.

How many times/often has this happened to you, GS? When was the last time? Is it persisting still?

TGR is a big site to surveil for Moderator acivity. Is it possible that some of Moserator moves slipped by unnoticed by you?

It seems as though you feel slighted because your post was moved, and now want some type of apology.

Restructuring the website, though pretty inconsequential to me, is at least an arguable point, but this berrating of the Moderators for moving a post because you feel there is a hierarchy of preferential treatment, I think you've covered it.

gone.skiing
05-12-2010, 10:52 AM
How many times/often has this happened to you, GS? When was the last time? Is it persisting still?

Enough times that I do not bother with TRs here anymore.

It seems as though you feel slighted because your post was moved, and now want some type of apology.

I have stated pretty clearly what I am looking for: either leave TRs alone (my preferred option) or treat them all the same, which they clearly are not. I agree that we covered the latter issue, if you are curious go back to TRs from December and see for yourself.

As for the issue of moving TRs, neither moderator has responded with what they are planning to do. From Lostone's responses it appears that moving TRs is part of his job which he will continue to do even though most of the replies were either neutral or in favor of leaving TRs in the main forum. Can you point me to a single reply which asked to continue to move TRs?

Tin Woodsman
05-12-2010, 11:27 AM
I have stated pretty clearly what I am looking for: either leave TRs alone (my preferred option) or treat them all the same, which they clearly are not. I agree that we covered the latter issue, if you are curious go back to TRs from December and see for yourself.

As for the issue of moving TRs, neither moderator has responded with what they are planning to do. From Lostone's responses it appears that moving TRs is part of his job which he will continue to do even though most of the replies were either neutral or in favor of leaving TRs in the main forum. Can you point me to a single reply which asked to continue to move TRs?
They are treated all the same. Any perceived differences are based on judgment calls. Since we are human, sometimes we get it right and sometimes we don't. Your conflation of that human condition into some vast conspiracy against your TRs is beyond ridiculous and really doesn't merit a serious response.

So long as the board is set up as it currently it, that IS his job and I suspect that TRs which are deemed to be in an inappropriate location will continue be moved. Lostone and I do not have the ability to change the structure on our own. I'll be happy to set up a poll asking people whether they'd like a single skiing forum while keeping everything else in place (Miscellaneous Forum, Site Feedback and MRV Non-skiing Forum). If there is a clear desire to combine things, we can pass that information along to Greg and he will make a decision of whether he wants to change it. It's his site - we're just keeping things tidy.

Yard Sale
05-12-2010, 02:10 PM

Enough times that I do not bother with TRs here anymore.

Fair enough, GS. However, I hope that you do post TRs again as I enjoy all TRs especially those with pics and vid. But being a slackass in the TR department myself, I can't criticize anyone for not posting.

I assume that no one would be interested in hearing about my adventures on Snowball anyway.

Phil McSquinty
05-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Look. I'm busy running the ski school and chasing after all the snot nosed little glove losing brats all day, but goddamn it you two tools have got to go ! Losty and Woodie, you're fired !

Tin Woodsman
05-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Look. I'm busy running the ski school and chasing after all the snot nosed little glove losing brats all day, but goddamn it you two tools have got to go ! Losty and Woodie, you're fired !

Duly noted. Glad to see that 50% of your "contribution" to this site consists of this gem.

Nice alias, BTW, jackass.

HowieT2
05-12-2010, 09:33 PM
only 6 months to go. let it roll.

gone.skiing
05-13-2010, 07:01 AM

Duly noted. Glad to see that 50% of your "contribution" to this site consists of this gem.

This berating of posters and personal attacks need to stop. Nice moderating style...

HowieT2
05-13-2010, 07:58 AM

This berating of posters and personal attacks need to stop. Nice moderating style...

that's what I'm talking about. Keep it going boys

Lostone
05-13-2010, 10:29 AM
This berating of posters and personal attacks need to stop.

I would agree, but that handle is a personal attack. That is the purpose of the posts, using it.

Hawk
05-13-2010, 11:49 AM
....and on and on it goes. I have to admit that GS put a good deal of effort into his stoke. He is proud of his boy and I can understand where he is coming from. I have no issues with leaving all ski related stoke in the Sugarbush Thread. After all Skiing is Skiing and we all love that. But the rest is just a big show. There is a group of SB skiers that will sit around the Castlerock and laugh about all of this. It just hits a nerve with me I guess. Anytime one group feels entitled and has to impress that on others. It just makes me shake my head. That is all. :(

Yard Sale
05-13-2010, 12:05 PM
It's immenent. I can feel it deep down in my inner playground squabbler.

Any minute now someone is going to declare themselves "rubber" and the other guy "glue". Hopefully, with that resolution, we can then put all this behind us.

Tin Woodsman
05-13-2010, 12:40 PM

Good idea - let's all just create offensive aliases and post stupidity for the sole purpose of spamming the board.

What a brilliant suggestion to elevate the discourse. Sorry you're offended that I called out BB's alias.

Let's all return to exploring the deep and personal insult you've been dealt by having a pre-season TR moved to another section of the site. This is an issue of such importance, that a whopping majority of 55% have decided all skiing posts need to in the same forum. Not that I disagree with the sentiment, and I've suggested such via the appropriate channels, but you're making such a mountain out of a mole hill that you look pretty silly and petulant in the process.

The horror!

HowieT2
05-13-2010, 12:48 PM
It's immenent. I can feel it deep down in my inner playground squabbler.

Any minute now someone is going to declare themselves "rubber" and the other guy "glue". Hopefully, with that resolution, we can then put all this behind us.

No. recess is not over until november. carry on.

chuck
05-13-2010, 01:57 PM
+1

gone.skiing
05-14-2010, 08:07 AM
This berating of posters and personal attacks need to stop.

I would agree, but that handle is a personal attack. That is the purpose of the posts, using it.

Got it - it is acceptable when moderator does it in response.

gone.skiing
05-14-2010, 08:17 AM

Good idea - let's all just create offensive aliases and post stupidity for the sole purpose of spamming the board.

What a brilliant suggestion to elevate the discourse. Sorry you're offended that I called out BB's alias.

Let's all return to exploring the deep and personal insult you've been dealt by having a pre-season TR moved to another section of the site. This is an issue of such importance, that a whopping majority of 55% have decided all skiing posts need to in the same forum. Not that I disagree with the sentiment, and I've suggested such via the appropriate channels, but you're making such a mountain out of a mole hill that you look pretty silly and petulant in the process.

The horror!

Did you take a special asshole moderator training course or does it come naturally do you? By all means continue to misrepresent my posts, that way you can have a last word in every debate. For a moderator you really are a pompous condescending prick. Keep it up!

Yard Sale
05-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Okayeee, . . . This is awkward . . . I just need to find my jacket, and then make my way to the door . . .

HowieT2
05-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Okayeee, . . . This is awkward . . . I just need to find my jacket, and then make my way to the door . . .

Don't go. pull up a chair. I'll get you a beer, some chips. :lol:

Yard Sale
05-14-2010, 12:41 PM

Don't go. pull up a chair. I'll get you a beer, some chips. :lol:

Beer? . . One more, you say? I guess I can hang out. 8) Let's keep it light, though. No politics, religion and absolutely no Skimrv TR posting location talk.

barkbiter
05-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Beer ? No, top of Stein's. Woodless will be barely halfway down when Goneskiin hits the bottom. I'm sure he's a better typist than skier. Just like his better half, Lousemarm.

Remember now boys, no name calling, no personal attacks, no petty whining. Unless you're one of the "moderators"

Tin Woodsman
05-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Beer ? No, top of Stein's. Woodless will be barely halfway down when Goneskiin hits the bottom. I'm sure he's a better typist than skier. Just like his better half, Lousemarm.

Remember now boys, no name calling, no personal attacks, no petty whining. Unless you're one of the "moderators"
Or unless you're one of the pillow's aliases. Then it's OK, right?

HowieT2
05-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Chinese downhill to settle things?

Tin Woodsman
05-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Did you take a special asshole moderator training course or does it come naturally do you? By all means continue to misrepresent my posts, that way you can have a last word in every debate. For a moderator you really are a pompous condescending prick. Keep it up!

Thanks for the kind words! You're right - I don't need to help. You're doing a fantastic job representing your posts in the appropriate light. You and Pillow keep up the good whining.

If you have a problem, take it to "The Management". I'm sure Greg will be delighted to hear about the awful and punitive treatment you and your TRs have gotten here.

barkbiter
05-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Woodless I told you, pillowbiter is the name of my good friend, Joe Mama !

vonski
05-14-2010, 02:30 PM
This better keep up all summer. Where else will I get such cheap entertainment and laughs!

HowieT2
05-14-2010, 02:44 PM
This better keep up all summer. Where else will I get such cheap entertainment and laughs!

I was going to get a 6 pack but this may be keg worthy.

Plowboy
05-14-2010, 04:32 PM

Ah..................the Dogs of Winter arf.........arf.......arf.

barkbiter
05-14-2010, 06:21 PM

Ah..................the Dogs of Winter arf.........arf.......arf.

A subtle reference only those in the know would understand.........................

one of those dogs still seen at the Bush in the winter, Joe hasn't been seen here in years, but I hear he still lives.

Fourwide
05-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Perhaps we should break out a separate thread for "ad hominim and other personal attacks"? :lol:

gone.skiing
06-09-2010, 07:56 PM
We had stoke before you showed up, here. We'll have it after you leave.

Lostone, I got your message to take a hike first and second time around, no need to repeat it just for me.

Atkinson is in the league of his own as far as stoke is concerned, but I thought for flatlander I did pretty well this year. I will be looking forward to your contributions next year - could not really find anything from last season...

http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=2335

http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=2278
http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=2241
http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=2236
http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=2224
http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=2218
http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=2211

http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=2181
http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=2162
http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=2095

barkbiter
06-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Looseone is simply a silly old man. He thinks we all need his deep thinking counsel to exist properly. How long can this board exist under his brilliant leadership/censorship. It's not the vitriol that scares people away, it's this kind of censorship. Take your ball and go home, lock the threads, move anything anytime. Have fun here with just the two people left.

Lostone
06-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Lostone - maybe you should chill out a little and not take this "job" so serious...

Imagine if the mountain were being run like this,..."hey if you don't like the way I run the mountain go ski Killington"

This is not the way to run a mountain and certainly not the way to run a board that so few people use. I think this board could be so much better if you would just lay off. How many posts are there?? The whole purpose of have "rooms" is to help people navigate when there are too many posts.

I like using this board for info and stoke,... don't go and turn off the few people that post on this board.

This board is not a part of Sugarbush Resort. I would not expect any business to want to act this way. This is not a business. It is a hobby. I take every job seriously. Why would you volunteer for a non-paying job if you didn't intend to do it.

Why do the few that are whining always take the side that it would all be better if I didn't do my job, but not the side that it would also be better if people posted things in the place that matched their subject?

djd66
06-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Looseone is simply a silly old man. He thinks we all need his deep thinking counsel to exist properly. How long can this board exist under his brilliant leadership/censorship. It's not the vitriol that scares people away, it's this kind of censorship. Take your ball and go home, lock the threads, move anything anytime. Have fun here with just the two people left.

BB -

I agree,... he has some kind of issue with poeple expressing opinions. He goes and locks threads of people expressing opinions in the section of the site that is for expressing your opinion.. He really needs to get a life.

barkbiter
06-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Nononononono it's not me who's crazy ! It's all the rest of you ! DON'T DARE DISAGREE OR I'LL LOCK ANOTHER THREAD ON YOU ! When will you children learn to behave ! When will you all have due respect for the wonderful JOB I am doing here !

Phil McSquinty
06-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Boy I thought I was out of it. Ole LooseMarm is making me look good.

djd66
06-09-2010, 08:47 PM
"This board is not a part of Sugarbush Resort. I would not expect any business to want to act this way. This is not a business. It is a hobby. I take every job seriously. Why would you volunteer for a non-paying job if you didn't intend to do it. "

This is not part of the Sugarbush resort,... ???(thanks for cluing me into the obvious)but if someone posts something in the "Sugarbush Room" - that is not actually part of the mountain - it gets move to the misc room?? Some irony there!

This is not a business?? Doesn't someone make money off the Ads that show up?? I don't have my MBA but,... I think that would make this a business.

Is part of your "volunteer agreement" with skimrv to piss off everyone here?? Most of the posts as of lately are complaints of how this site is run,... that should tell you something. Just chill out, maybe you need to go smoke a big fatty!

Plowboy
06-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Lostone "We had stoke before you showed up, here. We'll have it after you leave."

Man..................that was Low............................................... ......Now I know why I thought your name was Low-stone.

skierdon
06-10-2010, 10:07 AM
The moderators of this board would make great government censorship officials in China.

'I don't like what you are saying and you seem to have a lot of support from the majority of members- so I am am going to lock you out'

Awesome.

Lostone
06-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Nothing has been censored.

A few threads were locked because there was another thread saying the same thing. A few threads were moved because their content did not apply to the room in which they were posted. All were and are accessible to any who want to view them.

Fourwide
06-10-2010, 11:55 AM
I vote that this thread be moved to the elementary school board.

barkbiter
06-10-2010, 12:21 PM
This is the elementary school room, watched over by the schoolmarm, LostMarm.

The censoring police never think they are censoring, they are just doing the right thing. Burying posts, locking threads, trying to get rid of anyone with a different opinion, Looseone really does stink. OCD disorder.

gone.skiing
06-10-2010, 01:24 PM
There is not a single contributor here who is not sick of your moving threads around.
You are incorrect.

How about a poll of just the people that have contributed photographic content....
let's see

gone.skiing - yay
atkinson - yay
lostone - nay

content generators win by hefty 2/3's margin!

Treeskier - yay ("John I agree. One forum!" from Dressed in white thread)
SRO - yay ("merge them, for sure, for sure" from Skimrv.com message board layout thread)

By all means keep throwing unsubstantiated statements around...

Lostone
06-10-2010, 02:16 PM
A contributor is not only someone who posts pix.

gone.skiing
06-10-2010, 02:52 PM
By all means do not keep us guessing...

random_ski_guy
06-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Nothing has been censored.

A few threads were locked because there was another thread saying the same thing. A few threads were moved because their content did not apply to the room in which they were posted. All were and are accessible to any who want to view them.

I'm sorry Lostone, but I strongly think you need to reconsider the thread lock policy. Unless a conversation devolves into personal attacks or becomes some sort of nuisance to the website (ie someone posting a 1000 times a day) then why stifle conversation just because its repetitive? Look back at the last several years on this board, its mostly repetitive talk about snow, snowguns, lifts, wind hold, glades, etc and you dont thread lock those, nor should you.

Take it easy on the thread lock. Yes, you have been deputized with the 'gun' for this forum, now please use it wisely, sparingly.

barkbiter
06-29-2010, 11:46 AM
So Looseone has chased off Atkinson, Goneskiin, and killed as much discussion as possible. But he has posted a lot of parking lot pictures ! He's also posted a nice play review. What an outstanding job the lousy LostMarm is doing. Keep up the great work ! Now if only your deep thinking work here would get the appreciation it deserves. Maybe there will be less ads cluttering up the place. Certainly less wise cracking posting in the wrong place reprobates.

HowieT2
06-30-2010, 08:52 AM
So Looseone has chased off Atkinson, Goneskiin, and killed as much discussion as possible. But he has posted a lot of parking lot pictures ! He's also posted a nice play review. What an outstanding job the lousy LostMarm is doing. Keep up the great work ! Now if only your deep thinking work here would get the appreciation it deserves. Maybe there will be less ads cluttering up the place. Certainly less wise cracking posting in the wrong place reprobates.

But nothing can chase the bb away. So we got that going for us.

Geez, can't we all just get along. Kumbaya and whatever. I know it's still 6 months till we get skiing but why get so miffed if a thread is wantonly and unnecessarily moved. And lostone, enough already. It's obvious what you are doing is harming our little community. Go have a beer, get laid, or whatever you need to do to mellow out.

As for me, I'm going to take a hike with the wifey on the long trail. Mooses beware. I'm coming after you, hard.

summitchallenger
07-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Well, we're up to six pages on this issue. In the interest of full disclosure, for those that do not know I am a mod on SkiMRV's parent site, AlpineZone. That said, it seems that we get these comments every few months or so that "the mods are overmoderating," or something to that effect. In this case, it appears that we have a few people complaining that their threads were moved. It has happened to me.

Being a mod is not an enviable job. Lostone does this voluntarily and without any sort of pay because he loves Sugarbush and knows a lot of people on the mountain. He is a familiar and friendly face to those who visit Sugarbush and is quick to offer advice and help to strangers. He is also one who will take a run or two with you when he sees you. I know him personally and he is a good person. As to his role as a mod, I too have been bummed to see some of my threads moved, but I understand that he has a job to do and that it is nothing personal. If anything, moving threads to more relevant and sometimes lesser used parts of the board is part of the job as moderator because you want to spur traffic and interest in all parts of the board.

The criticism seems to be both personal and with regards to moderation. Some of it may be tongue and cheek. If it is personal, these differences are best shared face-to-face or via E-mail than through internet handles on a public board. With regards to moderation, if folks are so sensitive as to take offense to their isolated internet postings being relocated than perhaps it is time to get out and interact with real people. This is a relatively quiet board where folks normally discuss what is going on in the Valley. It is certainly not the end-all and be-all of life.

chuck
07-01-2010, 10:28 AM
+1

barkbiter
07-01-2010, 01:45 PM
On that same page the brilliant arbiter Summitchallenger posted no less than 8 people thought that the censorship and post moving was a problem. But he, like Looseone, just dismisses anything and everything that doesn't fit into their small minds. And then his suggestion is a face to face meeting ? For what ? But at least we know you're one of those "we like a quiet little valley. All you troublemakers please go away "

Moderating is such a tough job ??? Then don't do it !! Loosemarm is such a nice guy, but just incompetent ? Then go away !
Sorry , but the ole he's a nice guy , just doesn't know how to do his job doesn't hold much water.

Moving posts so it will draw more traffic and cause more interest ? It's doing the opposite !
Wow, nice completely incoherent, nonsensical post. I'll be at CR pub tonite if you'd like me to tell you in person.

HowieT2
07-01-2010, 05:06 PM
On that same page the brilliant arbiter Summitchallenger posted no less than 8 people thought that the censorship and post moving was a problem. But he, like Looseone, just dismisses anything and everything that doesn't fit into their small minds. And then his suggestion is a face to face meeting ? For what ? But at least we know you're one of those "we like a quiet little valley. All you troublemakers please go away "

Moderating is such a tough job ??? Then don't do it !! Loosemarm is such a nice guy, but just incompetent ? Then go away !
Sorry , but the ole he's a nice guy , just doesn't know how to do his job doesn't hold much water.

Moving posts so it will draw more traffic and cause more interest ? It's doing the opposite !
Wow, nice completely incoherent, nonsensical post. I'll be at CR pub tonite if you'd like me to tell you in person.

Really? Odd seeing how the crp isn't open. Guess you'll have to stay in your little smarmy hole.

summitchallenger
07-01-2010, 06:02 PM

Ah yes, the flame post. Well done. Although I did not realize that one could have a "smaller mind" than you. :wink: :lol:

barkbiter
07-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Both of these tools got nothing.

Tin Woodsman
07-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I think this thread has just about reached the end of the line. No need to keep it open just so a few chuckleheads can come in here every few weeks to start a flame war.