PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Report

summitchallenger
04-13-2010, 08:20 PM
For those that thought the season is over, think again.

I woke up to hear Roger Hill on WDEV stating that there is a chance for maybe as much as 12-18 inches of snow up high on the mountains. Fingers crossed! I think I need to wear a ski tie tomorrow to seal the deal! Though he does wear rose colored glasses....

With the sun I was concerned that we had lost snow, and since we were on the VH Double I interpreted that as a sign. Today was definitely cooler than the weekend and there were parts of Stein's in the shade that had not fully softened. Snow loss since Sunday has been negligable and with the nights below freezing we should be able to make it to the weekend.

I mainly stuck to the Spring Fling/Snowball Route. Mountain Ops has done a very good job keeping the WROD section in good shape on that run and has added some more snow to it so that it was as thin as Sunday, but having less traffic helped. Spring Fling has the same amount of snow as on Sunday and was skiing just as well. I am impressed by how much snow was on that trail and how it was almost edge-to-edge.

Stein's has A LOT of snow on it still and Coffee Run is solid. The bumps are very big on Stein's and some were saying that they were odd in shape and size. Overall the lines are nice here and there, but that's what happens this time of year. Folks are still poaching stuff off of Bravo...

Having VH running was nice because you had a longer break to rest the legs than the Super Bravo. But for those wondering they had plenty of snow from VH down to Bravo IMHO. You could ski right down to Gate House with no problem...and they had plowed one section near the very base to allow for equipment to go from the maintenance building to the construction site.

Pix soon.

summitchallenger
04-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Big thanks to Win and crew for opening midweek when others might have closed and saved it for the weekend. Kudos for being open until 5pm as well! Both meant that those of us up in the area "on business" could swing by for a few runs!

Lostone
04-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Somehow, I missed you out there. I was there from 10:30 (Yes... I was chewed out for being late! :lol: ) until just a touch after 1:00, or so.

I agree that the skiing was great. And the next two are supposed to be ≈ the same. 8)

summitchallenger
04-14-2010, 07:01 AM
I didn't get there until 2:30 so that's how you missed me. ;)

teleo
04-14-2010, 09:28 AM
I woke up to hear Roger Hill on WDEV stating that there is a chance for maybe as much as 12-18 inches of snow up high on the mountains.

I've got this one covered for everyone. The winter tires are being taken off today so it's gonna snow :lol:
And I'm gonna be sliding around a bunch :o

vonski
04-14-2010, 01:02 PM
I am helping by going fishing Saturday morning. Opening day in Connecticut and supposed to be 45 and rainy. All this nice weather and I get to be cold and wet while on the boat fishing. Wish I could go skiing but other obligations in the day keeping me fishing!

Hawk
04-14-2010, 01:38 PM
I took off my snow tires, pulled up the driveway snow stakes and ran out the gas in my snow blower. It is definetly going to snow. :wink:

win
04-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Tomorrow may be the best of the last days for this Season. Friday and the weekend are not looking great at this point. While Roger Hill was saying snow might be possible, others are just saying rain and next week is looking dreary at this point, so we might have to call it a season after Sunday. But as you all know forecasts are what they are, and you have to look out the window to see what is really happening on the mountain.

Treeskier
04-14-2010, 06:50 PM
The optimist in me hopes for all that the weather rock get covered with 2 feet of thick season extending snow! With 90 degree days in March stranger things have happened.

I'm back on my feet and doing my snow dance.

:)