PDA

View Full Version : SKIING IN THE RAIN

happygirl
03-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Who 's gonna be skiing in the rain this weekend?

Strat
03-09-2010, 11:44 AM
No need to drop the "r word." Forecast right now only says "Few showers," that's barely anything...

vonski
03-09-2010, 01:15 PM
I am skiing regardless of the Weather! I missed last weekend :cry: Lets hope the block keeps the #$#$ south! like it has done with the most of the other storms this season.

Fishwife
03-10-2010, 08:43 AM
A good fishwife always has her rain gear ready to go........... 8)

Lostone
03-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Today's Eye on the Sky said that the r#$n might be staying south of us. NWS still saying 50%.

I'm voting for the dryer 50. :wink:

John Walden
03-10-2010, 10:07 AM
What's a little damp weather! There's good snow in those hills right now. Don't wimp out on us! I have friends coming up who just got back from Utah.

maggie
03-10-2010, 10:17 AM
We too just got back from Utah and will be skiing in the MR Valley this week-end.

We don't SAY the R word where I come from!

win
03-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Stay tuned. The forecast may be changing for the better!

happygirl
03-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Stay tuned. The forecast may be changing for the better!

Lets hope!

Fishwife
03-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Things are looking up- NWS changed the forecast for Saturday- Sunday. Saturday starts out cloudy and ends partly sunny in the 40's!!! Sunday in the 40's with just a teensy 40 % chance of the non crystalized precip. :D

win
03-11-2010, 04:07 PM
It looks like the Rte 4 Barn door has closed again. It seems that at least North of Rte 4 we are going to be in for a good weekend of Spring Skiing. Pass the word!

Brew Ski
03-12-2010, 08:11 AM
I've skied all week. Every day has gotten better. The mountain is packed with snow. Every trail is soft, deep cover and easily ripped! You can't hear any sounds from any skis anywhere on the mountain.

I'm not going to tell you about the glades. Nope, not that they are stuffed with snow, not that they have amazing runs in them, not that I've played in most every single one of them, or that the group of regulars I've skied with have raced through all the best tracks and still they ski great. You certainly won't find me in the glades today.

It even snowed up top yesterday for about an hour. Earlier in the week with freezing nights and warm days we chased the sun around the mountain. Yesterday and today the whole mountain is soft, yet not melty or slushy.

One word - Perfect!

The Mountain used a Bobcat to remove the snow from in front of the CRP, so the pub will have a nice out door seating section in the warmth this weekend.

Hardbooter
03-12-2010, 03:08 PM
I've skied all week. Every day has gotten better. The mountain is packed with snow. Every trail is soft, deep cover and easily ripped! You can't hear any sounds from any skis anywhere on the mountain.

Brewski, I just found those pictures of you brewing beer. Don't you ever work?

http://www.barleycorn.com/tour.html

Brew Ski
03-14-2010, 07:29 AM
The guidance counselor said to have a back up plan. I find it a fun hobby. And since skiing doesn't pay me in cash,...