PDA

View Full Version : Missing Equipement Policy

AngryJohnny
02-12-2010, 04:59 PM
I had some skis and poles accidently taken last week by someone. This person's skis were about 8ft from mine. I didn't take his, just left them where there were sticking out of the snow in front of the C-Rock Pub. Went to Guest Svc at 5-5:30 to notify someone but place was empty.
Next day I call, nothing
Then I decided to go to Lincoln Peak myself and lo-n-behold the person who took my gear was putting them back in the rack. He aplogized, blah, blah, blah...How lucky I was he was there when I happened upon him, there is no knowing how long my skis would have been left there!
What is the Bush's policy for policing up abandoned equipment? How long would have my gear been left until stolen or someone finally taking notice and bringing them to Guest Svc/Lost n Found?
I also find it sad that there are not any online resurces at the SB websi :x te to post this info?????

Lostone
02-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Interesting question.

I don't think there is a firm policy. If someone notices equipment looking like it is abandoned, they might bring it in, but it is hard to determine that skis are there, without owners.

I think the way it usually works is the owner calls Guest Services and they check for them. I have hunted for a number of them.

But if they were just going into the rack, when you were there, the second time, there wouldn't have been time for anyone to look.