PDA

View Full Version : Mtn Hardware Race Trash In The Woods

RedneckMutha
02-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Who sponsored that race and is responsible for removing all the stuff from the woods after the race? Someone needs get after it and finish their job. They left a lot of junk out there in the woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Mutha doesn't work at the Bush no more. You have to clean up after yourself!

Redneck Mutha

win
02-11-2010, 07:58 PM
WTF Mutha? We don't need a lecture from you!

Go Figure
02-11-2010, 09:48 PM
WHAT THE F*CK Mutha?
GREAT responce from the "Bush" . Same B*LLSH*T responce after the X-TERRA race.

Is it the same deal? ribbons everywhere? New "trail" cut in the falline with no respect for the environment? Empty GU packets [500 year decom. rate] strewn about.

Sorry. Snow not so great in BCC this week.

muddy_hollow
02-12-2010, 06:37 AM
WHAT THE F*CK Mutha?

Is it the same deal? ribbons everywhere? New "trail" cut in the falline with no respect for the environment? Empty GU packets [500 year decom. rate] strewn about.

Dude,

Did you post the same message to the Mad River Glenn forum?

Shouldn't you go bark at USMAA to clean up their mess?

Maybe shame the athletes for throwing their trash in the woods or contact Mountain Hardware about the brush cutting.

Plowboy
02-12-2010, 07:53 AM
WHAT THE F*CK Mutha?

Dude,

Did you post the same message to the Mad River Glenn forum?

Shouldn't you go bark at USMAA to clean up their mess?

Maybe shame the athletes for throwing their trash in the woods or contact Mountain Hardware about the brush cutting.

Why bash Mutha.....He asked some questions........who's got the answers?

Hawk
02-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Everybody so quick to jump down peoples throats around here. I am sick of all the finger pointers and bashers. You always got something to say and have no action. So....I will ski down into slide brook and the connector to Village Run this weekend and help out myself. Maybe some of you might help out and hit some of the other areas. SB asked for volenteers and came up short from what I heard. This is just classic for this board. :roll:

atkinson
02-12-2010, 03:41 PM
The Xterra race was cleaned up and the trails are in better shape than before the race. In fact, I spent the greater part of the fall rerouting one of the steeper sections. Any debris from the rando race will be cleaned up too.

While we appreciate feedback, if you really believe in what you say, please stand behind it with your real name.

John

summitchallenger
02-14-2010, 09:04 AM
FWIW there are still a lot of yellow ribbons alongside Lower FIS and some of the other trails.

Hawk
02-16-2010, 08:17 AM
FWIW there are still a lot of yellow ribbons alongside Lower FIS and some of the other trails.

Well did you grab them? I collected about 50-60 from Slidebrook and other various litter. I left the perminent markers (original tape) that marked the road.

Hardbooter
02-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Who sponsored that race and is responsible for removing all the stuff from the woods after the race? Someone needs get after it and finish their job. They left a lot of junk out there in the woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This race is staffed primarily by volunteers. It takes a lot of hard work by everyone involved. I suggest that the next time you see trash in the woods, please pick it up. Sugarbush employees and volunteers have skied the whole Sugarbush part of the course multiple times to mark it, sweep it, and clean up. I've cleaned up plenty of trash from the slide brook trails over the years and I don't work for the mountain.

Please sign up to help next year. We could use a few rednecks on the course (or sign up to run the race.) We had a hard time getting volunteers this year and so after standing in the cold all day on the Sunday of the race, no one skied the entire course to remove the ribbons until the weekend after you posted your comment. I think a lot of it is gone now but you're welcome to ski the route and let us know if you find any remaining trash (and please ski it out.)