PDA

View Full Version : Re: This is a joke, right?

HowieT2
02-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Moose on the Loose Snowshoe Trek
Saturday, 2/27, 10:30AM and 1:30PM
See the signs of fascinating moose on Stark Mountain, learn all about their behavior, what they eat, and cycles.

ski_resort_observer
02-12-2010, 08:03 AM
See the signs of fascinating moose on Stark Mountain, learn all about their behavior, what they eat, and cycles.

Not sure if this is a serious post but the source would be helpful. Anyways, I'll take a shot. If it was worded better perhaps it would be less confusing. See the fascinating signs left by moose on Stark Mtn like tracks, scat, dropped antlers etc, learn about their behavior, what they eat and seasonal(?) cycles. MRG is known for their awesome Naturlist yearround programs, sides like something they would offer but don't see anything on their website.

Lostone
02-12-2010, 08:09 AM
The joke is on Howie. They never had a program like this before he showed up. :wink: :lol:

In reality, I think it comes from the MRG site. And I agree with SRO about their naturalist programs.

HowieT2
02-12-2010, 09:28 AM

Not sure if this is a serious post but the source would be helpful. Anyways, I'll take a shot. If it was worded better perhaps it would be less confusing. See the fascinating signs left by moose on Stark Mtn like tracks, scat, dropped antlers etc, learn about their behavior, what they eat and seasonal(?) cycles. MRG is known for their awesome Naturlist yearround programs, sides like something they would offer but don't see anything on their website.

Not serious. poking a little fun at myself and my inability to find a live moose.

vonski
02-12-2010, 11:45 AM
So, why did this get moved to the MAD River Glen board. Maybe to the MVR board would have been better or are there more moose at MRG. :? :lol:

Lostone
02-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Stark Mountain.

vonski
02-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Stark Mountain.

Duh! on my part! :lol:

John Walden
02-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Go to the Rochester side of Bethel Mt. and there are lots of moose along the road around dusk. I saw the same moose three weeks in a row.