PDA

View Full Version : GMVS Poma

summitchallenger
02-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Glad to see it running quite a bit during the last couple seasons. Going to have to take a spin when I can :wink:

It was painful to see it sitting idle during the ASC years. But it is also interesting that it is no longer on the trail map. Interesting....probably because it is leased to GMVS.

flakeydog
02-10-2010, 09:29 PM
I am not sure that this lift is in the "public domain" any longer. I have a feeling you can no longer just hop on like in the old days. That is likely the reason it is no longet on the map. Also, it is usually not running when Inverness trail is not closed for training.

On another note (speaking of the ASC days...) GMVS was supposed to use (and they did at times) the lower 2/3 of Brambles of training to keep some of the pressure off of Inverness. It is too bad that never worked out as Brambles is certainly not the same since they blasted it out 3x as wide and removed all trees, etc.

shadyjay
02-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Do they really race train on Brambles, or is it closed for racing since it dumps out into Inverness 3/4 of the way down, vs at the bottom like Walt's and ST?

And outside for racing, I personally can't see why anyone would want to hitch a ride on the GMVS poma... except maybe to avoid the slow ride on Inverness.

summitchallenger
02-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Do they really race train on Brambles, or is it closed for racing since it dumps out into Inverness 3/4 of the way down, vs at the bottom like Walt's and ST?

And outside for racing, I personally can't see why anyone would want to hitch a ride on the GMVS poma... except maybe to avoid the slow ride on Inverness.

I just want to ride to say that I did. My source (under deep cover ;) ) tells me that there is an informal rule that if it is running the general public can use it.

shadyjay
02-11-2010, 03:30 PM
So you're going for bragging rights. Well then, give it your best shot... you'll have one up on me that's for sure!

:lol:

win
02-11-2010, 07:48 PM
The Poma belongs to GMVS. We help with the lift maintenance. And yes, Brambles is used for race training and GMVS paid for the trail clearing a couple of years ago.

Our partnership with GMVS is a really important one, and the support we get from them, their alumni and the parents of both the Academy and the weekend program is extremely valuable and helpful to everyone to enjoys Sugarbush.