PDA

View Full Version : The Great Sugarbush Community

Treeskier
02-03-2010, 10:26 PM
I am truly proud to write this post, and even more proud of my friends in the Sugarbush community. On Sunday January 16th while skiing in the trees I took a fall, caught a tip on some snow. Not much unlike we all have done. But this time when I went to stand up I know it was major. I did ski down, sort of. After being taken care of excellently in the clinic, I sadly learned I had done major damage to my right Achilles tendon. The MRI a few days later confirmed it was severed in the middle. Surgery by Dr. Steiner was on Jan. 26th, a fine recommendation of Dr. Johnston at the Sugarbush Fletcher Allen Clinic. Now things are progressing well.

That is the history for this post. But what makes me proud is the positive out pouring of support and encouragement by my friends at Sugarbush (including the MT & staff), through calls, emails and cards. Plus the continuing help I’ve needed to get around. While I probably will not get to ski the rest of season, (June is the earliest the Dr. says I might be able to ski) I can’t wait to get back up and see everyone. Raise a glass and hear great ski stories.

Thank you all !

kcyanks1
02-03-2010, 10:58 PM
I am truly proud to write this post, and even more proud of my friends in the Sugarbush community. On Sunday January 16th while skiing in the trees I took a fall, caught a tip on some snow. Not much unlike we all have done. But this time when I went to stand up I know it was major. I did ski down, sort of. After being taken care of excellently in the clinic, I sadly learned I had done major damage to my right Achilles tendon. The MRI a few days later confirmed it was severed in the middle. Surgery by Dr. Steiner was on Jan. 26th, a fine recommendation of Dr. Johnston at the Sugarbush Fletcher Allen Clinic. Now things are progressing well.

That is the history for this post. But what makes me proud is the positive out pouring of support and encouragement by my friends at Sugarbush (including the MT & staff), through calls, emails and cards. Plus the continuing help I’ve needed to get around. While I probably will not get to ski the rest of season, (June is the earliest the Dr. says I might be able to ski) I can’t wait to get back up and see everyone. Raise a glass and hear great ski stories.

Thank you all !

Hope you have a quick recovery. Maybe Win will keep the mountain open to June for you? :-)

Lostone
02-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Sorry to hear about this. One more reminder we never know what lurks within the fates.

Hope for a quick recovery.

ManyTurns
02-04-2010, 06:34 AM
Treeskier,

Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. The trees miss you and became icy and cruel as a result.

Get well soon.

gone.skiing
02-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Are you still doing your snow dance for us? Get well soon...

Treeskier
02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
Absolutely still doing the snow dance. For all of you and how else will there be snow still in June :)

OK back to my one legged snow dance!

HowieT2
02-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Full and speedy recovery.

Brew Ski
02-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Hey Treeskier,

My Sunday's just aren't the same. We miss you and hope you get well soon. Sign up for your PT now, maybe they will tell you that Snow dances are good for your recovery. Someone on this board has to step up and start posting some pix. Sure JA produces good stoke, but Treeskier helps keep it fueled.

Come to think of it, my some of my Saturday nights tend to be less full as well? Hmmm, maybe Hardbooter needs to step things up a bit too. Maybe a social in honor of Treeskier and his bionic achilles. Can Treeskier make it North for a party?

skimore
02-04-2010, 01:41 PM
I was wondering where you wer the last few week, DR. J set me up a few years ago.

Keep it real, I hope you have a full recovery.

Fishwife
02-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I too was wondering where you were the past 2 weeks... my wishes for a full and speedy recovery! This season has certainly been hazardous, but for some reason we can't keep out of the trees........ SNOWDANCE!!! (in your honor)

Tin Woodsman
02-05-2010, 02:04 AM
That sucks. You've got a great attitude though. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a very snowy 2010-2011 for your return.

Hardbooter
02-05-2010, 05:17 PM
I propose that we raise a beer for our fallen comrade at the CRP around 4ish Saturday. I know many of you will have to make some extreme sacrifices in order to participate in this solemn ritual but I'm sure you can manage.

Treeskier, we can reenact this for you the following weekend when you're around, and if need be, we can do it again on the weekend after that.

G-man
02-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Make a speedy recovery!

skiladi
02-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Sorry to hear you are on the injured list. Wish you a full recovery. ; } And thanks for all your past generosity. If there is anything you need , just holler!

Treeskier
02-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Made it up to Castle Rock Pub yesterday. I was great to see everyone, The Sugarbush community again showed it's fine spirit. Great to share stories and beers with everyone. Thanks to those who shared beers with me! I then worked my way over to Timbers. Again great camaraderie and spirit. On my way out I did a little one legged snow dance. And low and behold woke up this morning to snow. Still snowing out my windows!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!