PDA

View Full Version : Grooming+snowmaking

djd66
01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Hats off to you guys! Conditions were incredible given the monsoon we had earlier in the week. Overall - even with it being cold - conditions were great if you were dresses for it. Lack of wind really helped out too! Thanks again for a nice recovery.

HowieT2
01-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Hats off to you guys! Conditions were incredible given the monsoon we had earlier in the week. Overall - even with it being cold - conditions were great if you were dresses for it. Lack of wind really helped out too! Thanks again for a nice recovery.

I always dresses for it. :D

yes very good indeed. groomers were fun. I heard steins was great.

now for some snow. doing my dance

Hawk
02-01-2010, 07:24 AM
I think I did about 200 runs on Steins. Nice surface all day on Sunday.

gratefulskier
02-01-2010, 09:06 AM
My family loved Steins on Sunday. I didn't ski due to being sick, which really sucked, but the family had a great time on Steins, including my daughter who is often intimidated by that trail.

It was the first time in 9 years that I missed a ski weekend due to being sick. But, the doc said "pneumonia" and then said "absolutely no skiing", so I reluctantly listened.

GS

MntMan4Bush
02-01-2010, 09:49 AM
I couldn't believe how great of shape the mountain was in, especially considering what happened last week. All the groomers skied very well and were all grippy enough to make some good quick turns. My pick on Saturday was Morningstar (not sure how that managed to survive the devastation), but everything was looking good. Great job. It seemed everyone loved Steins on Sunday and it was a lot of fun. The snow quality being made was great. Now if we could just do that whole snow making thing more often and in more places. Seems like there were a lot of smiles out there that would serve as an accurate litmus test on the desirability of more snow.............