PDA

View Full Version : Something Nice

pure
01-25-2010, 05:42 PM
I had some friends up from NJ to ride on sunday and wanted to let the SB mgt. know how great the bullwheel shop was. So, after his first run my friend developed a 2 inch tear in the base of his board. he brought it to the shop, not expecting much, and in an hour they epoxied it & hit it with a coat of wax all for a whopping for $10!! He gave them a $20 & said thanks much. the techs were super nice and gave a great service. He was only here one night to ride with me and they made his day much more fun. Also I'd like to say that as usual the SB employees are nice to a fault. Everyone you pass says hello & asks if you are having a good day. As a season pass holder, I like that.
I also found out that the guest services desk has screwdrivers available to adjust your bindings. Good to know! I assume some no-gooder stole the tools that used to set up at the base of bravo?

shadyjay
01-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Pure: Good to hear you and your friend had a positive experience!

Regarding tools, I usually have 2 with me at the bottom of Heaven's Gate... feel free to ask us, or any lift op for that matter as we may have something that can be useful. Ski patrol may also have a screwdriver (or access to one) if you catch them in their huts. It may be possible that the tools at base of Bravo/by the statue were never put out this year yet. It would be nice to have a tool there, as well as top of Bravo or at Allyn's and top of Gate House. Nothing is worse than being at mid mountain and realizing your bindings are loose and/or need other adjusting.

summitchallenger
01-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Very nice! Great to hear good stories!