PDA

View Full Version : Hate to have a pessimistic outlook

summitchallenger
01-21-2010, 08:16 AM
But what is the recovery plan, if any, after the Sunday/Monday "thaw" event that is currently forecast? They are saying r$%^, fog, and temps in the 40's? Rumor has it that snowmaking is done for ME.

Thoughts?

I honestly hope that this event misses us.....

Xskier
01-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately these type of systems never miss (and usually end up worse than forecasted) and I would assume that if the mountain expects people to pay $82 per day then they will blow a ton of snow, unless we get a good followup dumping which seems to happen quite often.

WWF-VT
01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
A few weeks ago the "blizzard" missed so let's hope this weather does too

gone.skiing
01-21-2010, 11:42 AM
It is East coast, it will rain then freeze then snow and then repeat... Remember last year: raining on Sunday, frozen on Monday, 4 powder days in a row capping with 2 feet of blower on Sat, rain and complete glacier by next weekend? At least they have a few days to deal with the mess and repair things before the next weekend.

win
01-23-2010, 12:18 PM
The Recovery plan is to see what actually happens and then get the mountain back in shape through grooming, snowmaking and hoping for natural snow. Same plan as after every rain event. Tomorrow night (Sunday) we will not groom at all. This is a good defense for what is likely coming in late Sunday and into Monday. By Monday night the temperatures will be falling again, and I would expect that by next weekend, we will be in good shape again. We do have really good depth on the snowmaking trails, so we have our fingers crossed.