PDA

View Full Version : CRP Late Afternoon Food

djd66
01-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Excuse me if this has been talked about before,... BUT stopping food service in the CRP at 5:00 when there must have been 100+ people in there on Sunday just does not make a lot of sense. I was there with 3 of my out of town buddies, looking to have a few beers and some bar food (wings) and we were told they just closed the kitchen. WTF??? Why would you close the kitchen so early - is there some kind of licensing issue? We were all starving and ended up leaving and went over to Timbers. Unfortunately they don't serve the kind of "bar food" were looking for. We stayed there for a couple of beers and then walked over to Miguel's for some great Mexican. It would just make sense to me - when people come off the slopes they are hungry and want to spend $$$ on food, there were certainly enough people to justify keeping the kitchen open and there were people there to run in - so why would you close it when people want to eat?

HowieT2
01-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Excuse me if this has been talked about before,... BUT stopping food service in the CRP at 5:00 when there must have been 100+ people in there on Sunday just does not make a lot of sense. I was there with 3 of my out of town buddies, looking to have a few beers and some bar food (wings) and we were told they just closed the kitchen. WTF??? Why would you close the kitchen so early - is there some kind of licensing issue? We were all starving and ended up leaving and went over to Timbers. Unfortunately they don't serve the kind of "bar food" were looking for. We stayed there for a couple of beers and then walked over to Miguel's for some great Mexican. It would just make sense to me - when people come off the slopes they are hungry and want to spend $$$ on food, there were certainly enough people to justify keeping the kitchen open and there were people there to run in - so why would you close it when people want to eat?

+1.

Tin Woodsman
01-19-2010, 01:28 AM

+1.

+2

Is anyone listening? Timbers is NOT most people's idea of an apres ski venue!

Fishwife
01-19-2010, 06:41 AM
maybe they could have a bubbling cauldron of hot soup a la Blue Tooth? Now that was some good stuff.. 8)

TimKeogh
01-20-2010, 11:14 PM
My family (living in Burlington) is lucky enough to have a lot of choices regarding post skiing munchies.
#1 We park at North usually, and the nachos and bar food is good and tables are usually available. Service is always good.
#2 When we park at South - we leave immediately, getting a beer/seat/quick food at CRP is still tough. Even with the expansion.

The options in Waterbury on the drive home are great. Alchemist, Waterbury Wings, and Arvards - you can't go wrong.

I'm no restaurant owner, but if I was I'd stay open until 7 on peak weekends/holidays and close at 5 other times.

Fishwife
01-21-2010, 07:18 AM
We had plans to meet up with friends both sat and sun apres and bailed because Crp was so packed- line for beer out the door! I know they have one of those portable beer carts, on days like that why can't they set that up for a cash only beer!? Who wants to wait for 20 minutes for a beer?! No line at my fridge so that is where we ended up. Sean must have to take anti anxiety meds after a shift like that.

skibum1321
01-21-2010, 08:22 AM
My family (living in Burlington) is lucky enough to have a lot of choices regarding post skiing munchies.
#1 We park at North usually, and the nachos and bar food is good and tables are usually available. Service is always good.
#2 When we park at South - we leave immediately, getting a beer/seat/quick food at CRP is still tough. Even with the expansion.

The options in Waterbury on the drive home are great. Alchemist, Waterbury Wings, and Arvards - you can't go wrong.

I'm no restaurant owner, but if I was I'd stay open until 7 on peak weekends/holidays and close at 5 other times.
I thought Waterbury Wings was closed? If so, I understand why because their wings were absolutely awful.

gratefulskier
01-21-2010, 08:28 AM
WW is now called "The Reservoir", I believe. The food is about the same as before, maybe fewer choices overall.

I still think the place was at its best when it first opened and only used the back part of the building.

I went there once last fall and I don't intend to go back, unless it's to have a beer while waiting for the Alchemist to open.

GS.

slatham
01-21-2010, 12:57 PM
I had the same WTF moment the Friday of New Years weekend. Started a thread too, but never got an informed reply - much less from Win - on why the food service stops so early. Besides inconveniencing guests - never a good thing for a service business - SB is leaving money on the table. Go figure.

djd66
01-21-2010, 08:08 PM
I had the same WTF moment the Friday of New Years weekend. Started a thread too, but never got an informed reply - much less from Win - on why the food service stops so early. Besides inconveniencing guests - never a good thing for a service business - SB is leaving money on the table. Go figure.

+1 - my wife and her friends had the same "wtf" moment on that Friday also, they ended up walking over to the village for food. I really hope that someone is listening (as they usually do) because I would rather stay at the mountain for happy hour. Do I get to have the happy hour named after me if the mountain complies with my request? ie DJD66 Happy Hour in the Tin Woodsman Annex :D Just kidding,... I'd just be happy to get some wings after 5:00

win
01-23-2010, 12:13 PM
CRP does serve later on Saturdays and Holidays.

shadyjay
01-23-2010, 11:30 PM
First hand report.... Castlerock WAS serving food until around 9:15pm tonight... Saturday.

HowieT2
01-24-2010, 07:12 AM
First hand report.... Castlerock WAS serving food until around 9:15pm tonight... Saturday.

sweet!

Superbowl sunday???

Crocker
01-24-2010, 10:14 AM
I overheard some brainstorming the other day that indicated the Superbowl party would be at Timbers this year......

thinksnow
01-25-2010, 08:35 AM
# 1 Burger in the Valley is at the Slidebrook Tavern.....and they serve food till MIDNIGHT!!!