PDA

View Full Version : Woods Question

summitchallenger
01-17-2010, 02:17 PM
WHY IS THERE SO MUCH YELLOW SNOW IN THE WOODS???? :shock:

We also noted that we came across a number of folks who dropped trou in the woods while we were skiing by.

Honestly, can't you hold it? My buddy and I yesterday commented that we need to start placing porta potties in the woods.

We know it is not the bears. :wink:

jwt
01-17-2010, 02:54 PM
This generally means skiers are not hydrating enough. Urine should be clear. Need more water. As for where, well, my reason is I have only one kidney, which the Dr. tells me processes fluids faster, filling my bladder more quickly than those fortunate enough to have two kidneys. I drink copious amounts of water to stay warm. Use the 70 .oz Camelback. Try to empty it each day.

Besides, the woods is a far better place than the lodge with that dangerous wooden shelf above the urinal - not to mention the bacteria count. I don't stop skiing unless I have to - rather stay outside. I will however try to aim on a tree to keep snow discoloration to a minimum.

The biggest help would be to take all those woods runs signs down - at this point it is far too late for that. Even the cover of our trail map spells it out. We are now the tree skiing destination in the East and for good reason. Prepare for more yellow snow.
Sure glad I'm a boy.

Plowboy
01-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Damn Huskies!

Strat
01-17-2010, 11:00 PM
I've definitely noticed it more this season than in past ones. Definitely rather see that then the dads with their 3 year olds on the side of Hot Shot pointing it into the breeze (really, that happened).

Hawk
01-18-2010, 07:13 AM
Since there has been no new snow to cover up things, it seems like more. But I am sure it is the same amount as usual.

vonski
01-18-2010, 07:55 AM
thanks ma nature for making it white again. but def. noticed this yesterday at North even. not that i did not help!

sgottmann
01-18-2010, 08:29 PM
thanks ma nature for making it white again. but def. noticed this yesterday at North even. not that i did not help!

Maybe certain people are attempting to mark their territory.

vonski
01-19-2010, 09:54 AM
That would be the moose marking his territory!

Strat
01-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Howie, this is your chance!