PDA

View Full Version : ShadyJay

barkbiter
01-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Isn't ShadyJay one the nicest guys on the mountain. Give him a bonus Win ! Put it on my tab.

01-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Isn't ShadyJay one the nicest guys on the mountain. Give him a bonus Win ! Put it on my tab.

Barky!!! You're alive! SO glad to hear you've emerged victorious from the tussle with that snaggletooth bear.

Such complimentary words....Shady does deserve a pat on the back for exemplary service.

aejkb
01-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Ditto on Shady. He should be bumped up the corporate line.

Tin Woodsman
01-12-2010, 12:31 AM
I'm here to post in this important thread.

barkbiter
01-12-2010, 06:56 AM

Another important opinion from such an important person. Thanks soooo much for the Woodless opinion. You do know they have pills for that.

Brew Ski
01-12-2010, 08:05 AM
It is true. The Bark Biter has a cult following.

Last weekend, in the CRP, I saw the new Bark Biter Sticker. It is on the "sticker pole" in the CRP, adjacent to the Tin Woodsman annex.

I think the first person to post a picture of the sticker should get a free round paid for by the Bark Biter tab.

Next weekend, I'm following the Bark Biter. Maybe I can finally find his secret cave below the Church, or the Keg in slidebrook, or the martini shaker hidden by the Valley House lift.

Hawk
01-12-2010, 08:42 AM

Another important opinion from such an important person. Thanks soooo much for the Woodless opinion. You do know they have pills for that.

What is it with you two? Maybe Tinny should buy Mr. Barkbiter a Guinness and work it out at the CR pub in the annex. :wink:

gone.skiing
01-12-2010, 09:25 AM
What is it with you two?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love-hate_relationship

shadyjay
01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks for this thread, guys! Y'all just made my day!!!

I'm just doing the best that I can, greeting everyone, seeing how everyone's day is going, etc. I appreciate the kind words and compliments, and its nice to be able to put a face to some of the names on here.

gone.skiing
01-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Shady, you are the man!!! Keep up the good work...

barkbiter
01-12-2010, 11:33 AM
[quote="shadyjay"]Thanks

gone.skiing
01-12-2010, 11:43 AM
biter, not every thread needs to be about you. Quit cunting up Shady's thread, TW that goes for you too...

Hardbooter
01-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Is that a verb?

John Walden
01-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Shadylady- you work North Lynx or GH lift? I most of run into you somewhere.

John Walden
01-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Shadyjay- Sorry, I meant jay not lady!

shadyjay
01-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I usually work Heaven's Gate bottom, and a couple days a week at North Lynx.

Last year I ran Gate House and Bravo towards later in the season. Even got a chance to run Slide Brook one day. Never been to VH or the 'Rock as an op.

John Walden
01-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Shadyjay- Did you work HG yesterday?

shadyjay
01-12-2010, 03:26 PM
I did!

Strat
01-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Of course, it's a little confusing that your nametag doesn't say "Jay."

8)

G-man
01-12-2010, 10:36 PM
I was confused too, was looking for either Jay or "Shady" at North Linx on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting the man!!

shadyjay
01-13-2010, 12:49 AM
After my first day last year, I had no intentions of having a nametag saying Jay, since there were 4 Jays in my dept.... so I went with my last name. Those who had a 'Jay' nametag got the question "Are you Shady Jay?". Sure, I could've gone with a nametag saying that, but chose to remain inconspicuous, just like the name of the town in CT which follows my name.

John Walden
01-13-2010, 07:50 AM
Shady- I got your back now! We skiied Monday on HG, but the best runs were under the guns on Snowball and Spring Fling. We had the two trails to ourselves for most of the day.

summitchallenger
01-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Give the man a raise! Not only did he "shut the window" this morning, stopping that wind and allowing us to ski Heaven's Gate, but he did it RIGHT AS I WAS PULLING IN. Result: second chair and first tracks down Ripcord. Good work!!!! :D

skibum1321
01-25-2010, 08:23 AM
I can't say I would envy first tracks down a groomer. Now if it were a powder day and you had first tracks through 2 feet of snow I would be jealous. I also wouldn't be on Ripcord...

summitchallenger
01-25-2010, 09:24 AM
I can't say I would envy first tracks down a groomer. Now if it were a powder day and you had first tracks through 2 feet of snow I would be jealous. I also wouldn't be on Ripcord...

Given the lack of snow this season and recent conditions, I will gladly take fast turns down a nicely groomed trail than nothing at all. To each his own. :)

skibum1321
01-25-2010, 10:02 AM

Given the lack of snow this season and recent conditions, I will gladly take fast turns down a nicely groomed trail than nothing at all. To each his own. :)
Who is saying that nothing at all is the other option? Most of the woods have decent coverage and last I checked they still have bumps on the mountain.

John Walden
01-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Shady- Don't let all that praise go to your head. I saw you hiding in the lift shack at HG yesterday. How come you couldn't stop the wind from scouring OG and Ripcord yesterday. They treat you like some God like creature now.

Pretty good weekend anyway. I hope the rain doesn't do much harm today.

shadyjay
01-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Shady- Don't let all that praise go to your head. I saw you hiding in the lift shack at HG yesterday. How come you couldn't stop the wind from scouring OG and Ripcord yesterday. They treat you like some God like creature now..

If I was in the bottom shack, I was most likely taking a break - kind of a hectic morning with being on wind hold and having the job of opening the lift and setting up corrals solo. Not necessarily a tough job, but we did a new corral setup (again!). So most likely when you saw me, it was when the other guy showed up from the bottom to give me relief. We all need breaks every now and then! And to even things out, spent a couple hours up top - unfortunetly with the wind blowing right up the line, not much we could do to make the ramp less "sketchy".

Got out early today due to the wind shutting down my lift, things didn't look too bad as far as "damage" on the Gate House side. Morning Star was developing some bare spots, but the "warm" temps over the weekend and the constant sun exposure probably affected that more than the "funk" of today. Unfortunately, that funk continues to fall, though we all have our fingers (and boards/poles) crossed that we'll get some backlash snows once the temps fall. If you go out in the next couple of days, be careful out there, and have fun!
(Castlerock did not open today - most likely to preserve the snowpack).

John Walden
01-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the update. Hopefully we can recover quick after this rain event. Looks like a chance of snow everyday for the next ten days. Had to go back to work today; but will be back to the bush on Thursday night.

summitchallenger
01-25-2010, 04:36 PM

Who is saying that nothing at all is the other option? Most of the woods have decent coverage and last I checked they still have bumps on the mountain.

Did all the above this weekend. Variety is good....

John Walden
01-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Shady- Give us the real report please! Nasty ride home from the valley to MA yesterday.

shadyjay
01-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Nasty drives all around - especially Monday morning (from what I heard - I have a 1/2 mile commute which I do on foot 95% of the time).

Snowmaking trails look really good. Natural trails are a little thin. Castlerock remains open, however, though the word "technical" comes to mind. Ripcord, Spills, and OG appear to be holding pretty well. Lower Birdland, The Mall, and Stein's also look challenging... but remember, those trails were au'natural from Day 1 anyway and without any substantial snowfall in the past couple weeks, they were bound to show their true colors. Not just the r@!# but the warmer temps of last weekend and the bright sunshine were all culprits. Snow is falling as I type this and we've gotten some squalls throughout the day... that and the guns are going again and have been since this afternoon.

My unofficial advice would be to stick to the groomers for now. If you venture onto natural trails, be aware the bare spots may be hiding under a thin coating of snow. And last but not least, we need some hardcore snow dances going! Seems like the forecast for this week does call for snow but we need a good ole' fashioned dumping right about now.... something on the lines of the V-Day storm would be beneficial... as long as it stays on our side of the Green Mountains and north of the Middlebury Gap... then we'll all be happy again.

Keep in mind this does seem to happen every year... and at least it was a short-lived event. Welcome back Winter .... please stay until late April and deliver us the goods!

John Walden
01-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Shady- Thanks, Buddy. See you on the mountain.