PDA

View Full Version : Mount Ellen Names?

summitchallenger
01-09-2010, 05:59 PM
So when did Cruiser become Joe's Cruiser? And who is Joe?

Also, there are some new woods that don't appear to have hit the map yet. Two are kind of obvious by name...so I won't drop names even though they are signed...but there is "The Ballroom" which is not on the map yet. I guess they will be on next season's map.

shadyjay
01-09-2010, 06:33 PM
From what I remember hearing from someone (on here?).....

All new lines cut at LP this past summer have to be marked on the map since its USFS property.
New lines cut at ME do not have to be on the map, since only the upper half is USFS.

When I went down Tumbler on ME's opening day for the season, there was a woods run clearly signed, but not on the map, on rider's right about halfway down. Also I was told there is nice new lines cut in Bramble's Woods too, also not on the map, but most likely signed.

No idea on the naming of Cruiser.... I know Riemergasse is named after the former late partner of SV Joe Riemer. Is there a trail sign denoting Cruiser as "Joe's Cruiser"? If not, keep in mind that according to the paper trailmap and trail signs, Sigi is omitted from Ripcord.

Strat
01-09-2010, 07:04 PM
"Joe's" is on the trail sign, but not on the map. I've always wondered about the Sigi's thing also. Brambles Woods do have a sign, by the way.

Also, I guess it can't really be answered here, but I'll ask anyway, which area is The Ballroom? There are only a limited number of options I guess...

Lostone
01-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Win said that all the new woods areas at South had to be on the map, as it is National Forest Service land, but that some at North had been intentionally left off, to give people something to find.

Sigi used to run the ski school.
As for Joe... Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe better. 8)

summitchallenger
01-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Someone in the know sent this to me overnight:

http://www.vtskiandride.com/?q=node/242

Quite impressive!