PDA

View Full Version : Heard rumor this week that the Bush was for sale.

ScoobySnack
01-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Anyone have any backup to this?

ski_resort_observer
01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Anyone have any backup to this?

Care to share from whom/where did you hear this and when you asked, from whom/where did they say they heard it from?

ScoobySnack
01-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Nothing official. It was a discussion while chatting at the Waffle Cabin with a longtime Sugarbush skiier who seemed to have a knowledge of operations. I would not normally think much of these discussions, but this person seems fairly sane and I could tell that he had a good general knowledge of the mountain and ops.
Apologies if I am promoting baseless rumors here, but just wanted to poke and see if anyone had corroborating info.

freeheel_skier
01-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Anything is for sale for the right price.......

Yard Sale
01-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Baseless Rumors are the glue that holds this little community of ours together. :lol:

smootharc
01-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Baseless Rumors are the glue that holds this little community of ours together. :lol:

Aw c'mon....it's baseless rumors BACKED UP BY rampant innuendo, sloppy science, voodoo magic, robust guesstulating, pointless pontification, and just plain old lack of common sense...that make Sugarbush's imminent sale (for $6.7 billion I have on good authority) to a bunch of Dubai oil sheiks such a compelling story.

You heard it here first, folks. Valley Reporter is planning on breaking the story this HUUUGGGEEE story Thursday. CNN, MSNBC, NY Times to follow...

muddy_hollow
01-05-2010, 10:19 AM

Aw c'mon....it's baseless rumors BACKED UP BY rampant innuendo, sloppy science, voodoo magic, robust guesstulating, pointless pontification, and just plain old lack of common sense...that make Sugarbush's imminent sale (for $6.7 billion I have on good authority) to a bunch of Dubai oil sheiks such a compelling story.

You heard it here first, folks. Valley Reporter is planning on breaking the story this HUUUGGGEEE story Thursday. CNN, MSNBC, NY Times to follow...

That's gonna totally screw up the press coverage for Google's Nexus one now.......

random_ski_guy
01-05-2010, 11:27 AM
If one of Win's partners is selling their interest, then no biggie. If Win is selling out then its a sad day to say the least for Sugarbush and the MRV. I hope it doesnt happen, Win's involvement is what keeps me interested in the mountain. There is no other big time ski area with such a public and approachable CEO. In these challenging economic times, you want to see people like Win and Co to hang on.

John Walden
01-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I have seen many owners over the past 25 years at Sugarbush and there has not been anyone of them who could hold a candle to Win and his team. I do hope he can succeed as it affects all of us who both live and ski in the valley.

win
01-12-2010, 08:38 PM
NFS

Hawk
01-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Thank God!

Treeskier
01-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Win,

You/we have a great thing going. :)

I second Hawk!

Now back some constructive Snow Dancing!

ScoobySnack
01-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Glad to hear it. Apologies for starting this thread. Just was concerned about it.

djd66
01-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Keep up the great work Win, thanks for being part of this board too!

John Walden
01-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Win is the best! Keeps me coming back year after year with retirement in view at the Bush! Wife is already retired. Ski bunny most of the winter.

muddy_hollow
01-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Win is the best! Keeps me coming back year after year with retirement in view at the Bush! Wife is already retired. Ski bunny most of the winter.

With all the new building coming up at the Bush and the assumption that it will spur additional growth in the valley, we're thinking about the same thing. Go Win!