PDA

View Full Version : Current Weather

Mt St Pipier
12-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Talk to me Goose...

Stuck down here in Mass for a couple more days. What's the on-mountain report? Snow, r___, ice pellets?

gone.skiing
12-26-2009, 07:02 PM
So far so good. Windy up top, foggy, ice pellets. No r___.

HowieT2
12-26-2009, 07:48 PM
So far so good. Windy up top, foggy, ice pellets. No r___.

good news. thx.

shadyjay
12-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Little bit of snow just above the base area still falling. Earlier (1-2pm) we had some snow and some sleet but that was about it.

shadyjay
12-27-2009, 11:03 PM
After a "damp" day where it was in the low 40s at LP summit, things are looking up. As I type this, I see a parade of groomers attacking Lower Organgrinder, and I hear the guns cranking up on North Lynx. According to the trail report, Castlerock comes back online on Monday and its Sunrise and Birch Run at NL getting the gun treatment.

One day of a hiccup in the weather and we're back!

HowieT2
12-28-2009, 07:21 AM
After a "damp" day where it was in the low 40s at LP summit, things are looking up. As I type this, I see a parade of groomers attacking Lower Organgrinder, and I hear the guns cranking up on North Lynx. According to the trail report, Castlerock comes back online on Monday and its Sunrise and Birch Run at NL getting the gun treatment.

2 steps forward, and one step back. Praying for new years day.

Plowboy
12-28-2009, 07:40 AM

2 steps forward, and one step back. Praying for new years day.

local news is calling for 6"-12" for the mountains today. 8)

Hawk
12-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Snow started at about 8:30. The amounts are all over the place on the forecasts. I hope Plowboy is right.

gone.skiing
12-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Big snow gun is on,fat flakes coming down at the moment. Very little wind if any at the base... I would think groomed and other trails that are not too bumped up will ski nicely by the afternoon. Heading out at the crack of noon!!!

Colorado Dirt
12-28-2009, 05:07 PM
It's been snowing pretty hard since about 2:45pm. Pace is ranging from 1/2" to 1"+ / hr. There is at least 6" of new snow so far at my house in warren and the radar shows no signs of it slowing till around midnight. Enjoy!

Lostone
12-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Snowed most of the day, but no real accumulation. Then around 2:00, it pretty much stopped. Sun came out for a bit.

Then... Someone found the accelerator! It is cranking!

It is supposed to be cold, tomorrow. Dress for it! :wink:

gone.skiing
12-28-2009, 05:31 PM
"It has gone from dumping to puking "- coach Diggity. I thought it was pretty good and most importantly accurate assessment of our last run. Get some tomorrow...

12-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Many thanks......for the uplifting/positive eyewitness snow report, Diggityism, and long distance window view on our mountain world.
Some of us had to go back to unreality for a few days (maybe why it started snowing), and planning to return to a winterwonderland.
Wish I was there; RIP IT UP girls and boys!
aka
Current Chairman of the Crack o' Noon Club

shadyjay
12-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Monday afternoon, puking was an understatement when describing the snow. Those coming down Ripcord at the end of the day were loving it, and we gave just an extra minute or two for those to get 1 more run in. Today it was -10 at the base of HG and we never opened... the wind was unreal! When we open Wednesday, that will be the place to be... well there and North Lynx and Mt Ellen.

12-29-2009, 06:41 PM
It's time to get back and Rumble. As Croc Hunter would say "Crykee Terri, sheee's a beeauty!"

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/ECIR4.html

Hawk
12-30-2009, 08:02 AM
This morning it is 1 degree and the wind is gone. It also looks like they are burning Spring Fling. :shock:

http://s2.postimage.org/1AlNY9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts1AlNY9)

Looks to be a good one. 8)

shadyjay
12-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Yup.... that's what the view looked like on my walk to work. Sunrise this morning to the east was beautiful again... orange against a sea of blue.

Much nicer day today, wx wise. Warmed up to 9 degrees above at HG with only a gust or two of wind on occasion, but nothing to wind hold us.