PDA

View Full Version : First-Timer to Life-Timer Program

atkinson
12-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Apparently, there was some confusion after the most recent Stoke Exchange regarding Sugarbush's new First-Timer Program. It is true that brand-new skiers or riders who go through the program get a season pass at the end of three lessons. Sweet deal!

The NSAA has predicted that skier visits have the potential to fall sharply in coming years, unless we attract new people into the sport and keep them involved. Without this influx, ski areas, and related businesses, won't be able to provide us with the all the fun that we love so much.

This program is designed to invite, encourage and inspire a passion that lasts a lifetime. It is for brand new skiers and riders, not for skiers looking to try snowboarding or snowboarders trying skiing, or people who want to scam the system. It may feel less than fair, but looking long-term, this initiative is good for everybody who loves sliding on snow.

Many thanks to our ardent supporters and passholders, you are the community that makes this all possible. But we need to grow the party, so we can keep rocking and rolling.

Share the stoke ... Give the gift of gravity to someone you love!

John

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/Sugarbush_atkinson_121809_MountEllenPow_001.jpg

noski
12-24-2009, 08:37 AM
oh man..... there is no excuse now, is there.....?

Lostone
12-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Could we be hearing the beginning of the handle "ex-noski"? :lol:

This is a GREAT program! The way to get more skiers and riders is to get them hooked. Worked for almost all of us! 8)

Yard Sale
12-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Lesson 1. "Learnski"
Lesson 2. "Sortaski"
Lesson 3. "Yeski" and HOOKED!

noski
12-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Lesson 1. "Learnski"
Lesson 2. "Sortaski"
Lesson 3. "Yeski" and HOOKED!

maybe...maybe... if you guys have an AZ/skiMRV day or something I will show up with more than just cookies this time. We'll see.

mattlucas
01-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Atkinson,

My longterm girlfriend is 28 years old.
She went on one ski weekend, once, when she was 12.

I highly doubt that she could do up her own boots and I would like to get her the three lessons as a gift rather
than leaving her in brooklyn each weekend. So yes, she has been on skis, but it was over half a lifetime ago and
she would be the consummate beginner anyway.

Does she qualify for the program? Is it up to an instructor? Obviously the three tickets, rentals, etc are a nice gift
in themselves but a pass for next year would probably change where I got it done.

I'd like to buy her the lessons as a gift, if you know the answer or could point me towards the right ski school person to
ask (or I suppose Win), it would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Matt

vonski
01-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Atkinson,

My longterm girlfriend is 28 years old.

Does she qualify for the program? Is it up to an instructor? Obviously the three tickets, rentals, etc are a nice gift
in themselves but a pass for next year would probably change where I got it done.

I'd like to buy her the lessons as a gift, if you know the answer or could point me towards the right ski school person to
ask (or I suppose Win), it would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Matt
I was wondering this too. My girlfiend did the program last year, first day tried to ski, that did not work due to some physical issues with her legs. she then tried snowboarding. this was better for her but her learning curve is extreme. The first day she maybe made it onto the big carpet. The second day she did make it up the carpet for sure but not to the village double at all. That day the ticket is for the whole mountain. :shock:
So i would really calll her a new beginner as well. and to get her involved would be great. In addition to her I also have my son who already skis and her two children 5 and 6. Who will be learning if we can get mom involved. Grandma is willing to watch the 3 month old. So, there is a few passes here!

Lostone
01-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Can't speak to most of this, but the 6 and under ski free. Lessons are obviously extra.

For the rest, you might want to call the ALC at 888.651.4827.

vonski
01-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Can't speak to most of this, but the 6 and under ski free. Lessons are obviously extra.

For the rest, you might want to call the ALC at 888.651.4827.
Obviously, just voicing the dilema that I will be facing when the misses does make it up this year. :D and if one does not ask one does not receive!

atkinson
01-16-2010, 08:32 PM
For specific cases, please consult the Ski&Ride desk at 583-6542 or skiandride@sugarbush.com.

The more, the merrier!

John