PDA

View Full Version : 91 trails tomorrow

ski_resort_observer
12-18-2009, 12:26 AM
and no one else in the east is even close
http://www.snocountry.com/index.php/ski-reports-by-region/northeast-snow-conditions.html

Strat
12-18-2009, 11:07 AM
99 now! Except for North Lynx, Sleeper, and Inverness, pretty much everything is ready for action! Kudos to the whole team for making this happen. Except MAN is it going to be busy for the holidays. Look out Valley businesses.

shadyjay
12-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Make that 105 now... everything but Sleeper (& connections) and North Lynx is open!

gostan
12-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Make that 105 now... everything but Sleeper (& connections) and North Lynx is open!Enjoy all of this open terrain.

Jealous is the word of the hour.

Stan

gostan
12-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Make that 105 now... everything but Sleeper (& connections) and North Lynx is open!Enjoy all of this open terrain.

Jealous is the word of the hour.

Stan

skierdon
12-19-2009, 12:44 AM
thanks to Win and his "stupid" team for getting so much of the mountain open in a 2 week period. It really is quite miraculous considering where we were earlier this month.

HowieT2
12-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow! what a great weekend. I can't believe how good the conditions were. I was prepared to ease back into the skiing, but it was so nice I couldn't help myself (and now I'm on the advil train).
Saturday started inauspiciously with the bravo down so I took the GH and hoofed up to CR connection. CR was spectacular. good midwinter form with dry snow and powder to be had. So I started the season off with a bang, doing 5 runs on CR run and ME before lunch. After lunch I did HG, which was also great. Even took a run in paradise woods (shhhh!!!!) since I had the old skis anyway. It was surprisingly good with powder up top and a decent base. there were plenty of tracks in there before me. Today was OG, Spillsville and Paradise and they were all great.

and so it begins.

and to top it all off, I got home to only 3-4" of snow to shovel. which is nice.

So for all the talk about snow making capacity, there isn't any other mountain in the east with better conditions right now than SB.

Strat
12-20-2009, 09:06 PM
So for all the talk about snow making capacity, there isn't any other mountain in the east with better conditions right now than SB.
So true. Considering how little we've had conditions are fantastic (although the only way to the bottom from the Bravo/VH side with decent cover is Coffee Run). I'm sure things haven't actually changed, but something about the manmade snow seems even better than I remember in years past. I only made it out for 3 runs today (it was COLD), but an excellent first day.

HowieT2
12-20-2009, 09:35 PM
So true. Considering how little we've had conditions are fantastic (although the only way to the bottom from the Bravo/VH side with decent cover is Coffee Run). I'm sure things haven't actually changed, but something about the manmade snow seems even better than I remember in years past. I only made it out for 3 runs today (it was COLD), but an excellent first day.

That's what killed me today. It was cold so I went to get the blood flowing on spillsville and it was so good I couldn't stop.

when r u back to Ithaca, end of january? boy, do I miss those 6 week winter breaks. enjoy it.

shadyjay
12-20-2009, 09:49 PM
For us at HG today, it wasn't the cold as much as the WIND. And when that wind blows around the powdery snow, you get "skied-off" conditions quickly. I heard great things all weekend from those who took in Paradise, Spillsville, and such. And it was nice to have music back at the shack for the first time this season.... hope y'all enjoyed it!

Strat
12-21-2009, 08:40 AM

That's what killed me today. It was cold so I went to get the blood flowing on spillsville and it was so good I couldn't stop.

when r u back to Ithaca, end of january? boy, do I miss those 6 week winter breaks. enjoy it.
January 23rdish. Still haven't nailed down the exact date, but class starts on the 25th, so somewhere in there. Only 5 weeks unfortunately, but that's more than enough time to get deathly bored at home (unless it SNOWS).

gratefulskier
12-21-2009, 08:40 AM
My son is a junior instructor and didn't get any work on Saturday. His normal ski buds weren't there, so he created a little one-day challenge for himself - hit every open black and double-black at Lincoln Peak. He was tired and sore from the day (some runs were so good he needed to hit them more than once). After his day, he was able to direct me to some good terrain options for my Blazer group on Sunday. Despite how it looked, Stein's was a lot of fun and my group and I had the entire trail to ourselves. Twist was an abandoned gem yesterday. It was a great weekend, although Sunday afternoon did get kind of chilly/windy. Some of the natural trails had held up much better than I expected after a week with limited snow. I really enjoyed Lower Birdland on Saturday, although my group seemed less impressed than I was.

GS

HowieT2
12-22-2009, 09:23 AM

January 23rdish. Still haven't nailed down the exact date, but class starts on the 25th, so somewhere in there. Only 5 weeks unfortunately, but that's more than enough time to get deathly bored at home (unless it SNOWS).

What I would do for some of that boredom. Enjoy it.