PDA

View Full Version : Skinning in the slidebrook

muddy_hollow
12-14-2009, 07:22 AM
Looking forward to some time this season in the slidebrook, but this is the first year that I'd like to skin up from German Flats. I've seen others in there, but have not stopped to inquire about what types of skins they use. What do others like to use; Mohair or Nylon or something else?

atkinson
12-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Full coverage skins are required for steeper pitches, kicker skins or plastic snake skins are okay for easy stuff. Mohair vs nylon is personal preference. Come take one of our backcountry clinics for all the ins and outs of skinning and Slide Brook!

John

muddy_hollow
12-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Full coverage skins are required for steeper pitches, kicker skins or plastic snake skins are okay for easy stuff. Mohair vs nylon is personal preference. Come take one of our backcountry clinics for all the ins and outs of skinning and Slide Brook!

John

That's cool. I did not know you guys offered a class on that. How often does it run and what typically is the cost?

Any place in the valley that sells skins?

notorious
12-14-2009, 03:19 PM
VTNorth at base of access rd. (among others) sells skins

atkinson
12-16-2009, 03:17 PM
We are working on some more programs, but for now check out this link. (http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-skiing-snowboarding/mountain-outback-tours)

You can also book privates with several coaches, including Diggity, Rick Hale, Egan, Dean Decas, me and others. Hope to see you this winter!

John