PDA

View Full Version : Snow Storm Warning starting tonight

ski_resort_observer
12-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Okay, so it's been great to get some help from mother nature the last few days but starting tonight all of the 10 or so places I check radio, tv and on the web talk about 6-10" on the eastern slope of the Greens. We all know that the weather folks are not perfect :roll: but I'm thinking it's going to be a decent storm so the snow shovels and the salt bucket are ready to go. Snowplow contract is signed so I am good there as well.

Josh is actually the most subdued with his snow prediction at MRG at aabout 5". He and all the other weather forcasters all talk about sleet or frozen rain as part of the event. It's all good, fingers crossed. I like both Josh and Roger Hill cause they do a nice job of expalining what is going on. Course, Josh's is much more involved and accessible to anyone, everywhere. I personally like Roger Hill. Been listening to him for alot of years. He broadcasts from his weather station/home in East Montpelier, he is the WDEV(Vermont radio) weather guy, WDEV(Waterbury, Vt) is broadcast from the summit of Sugarbush.

Sharon Meyer, very respected longtime weather person on WCAX(CBS affiliate in Burlington) says the snow will start off tomorrow morning but during the day could be very heavy at times. The sleet event in the mountains, rain in Burlington should be short.

How much snow we get, we will find out tomorrow evening. Thanks to treeskier and all other snow dancers, It really does work! Wahoo! :D

summitchallenger
12-08-2009, 09:38 PM
I like Roger as well, but he can look at things with rose colored glasses at times.

Personally I like Channel 3 (I grew up with it) and I follow Fairbanks' Museum (Eye on the Sky) closely. I am good friends with one of the meterologists there...and he has been known to visit Sugarbush with me.

sgottmann
12-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Local mets in upstate NY are calling for 9-12+ for the east slopes of the Mountains (ADKs and Greens) and possible significant upslope snows thereafter. I just sacrificied a couple of old pairs of skis (k-2 tnc and olin Mark IVs) to the Snow Gods in hopes of appeasing them. The weather pattern for the next couple of weeks looks very promising (hope it pans out).

Treeskier
12-08-2009, 11:10 PM
My feet are happily hurting while I keep dancing. I hoping for a "Sleet Sand Storm" and no rain!! Like we had a couple in the year of holiday storms.

http://www.clubxtaski.com/070303-5_web/index.html