PDA

View Full Version : Ski bum sweethearts going uptown--- fiestas to come

notorious
12-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Everyone's adorable couple, Mel&Julia, have given up weekend ski instructing to become the managers of Miguels tex/mex in Sugarbush village. At the season opening last weekend the food was exceptionally fresh and well prepared, the margueritas were top shelf, and the company congenial. They are planning many special promos to entice the dazed and confused and those wishing to become d&c up to the village for apres-ski mexican style, although Julia's winning smile is enough by itself to attract a crowd. Food can be mild, hot, or hot!hot!hot! Muy buena for those who like variety in their culinary life.

The annual cinco de mayo party ????

Prospective and former ski students may still book them for weekday lessons.

Brew Ski
12-08-2009, 06:57 PM
This is welcome news. I certainly wish the new management well and good fortune. Julia always took exceptional care of her guests, so I will assume the service will be great.

I hope the recipe for the chili verde hasn't changed. The mole, which is close to what I've had served at the home of some friends from Mexico City, could use a bit more spice and a touch more spicy chocolate. Still, pretty good on most dinners.

So I guess the question is... Are they only open on weekends?

Lostone
12-08-2009, 07:34 PM
I can assure you the answer is no. What I can't assure you is when they are open, as I haven't checked.

Stay tuned. :wink:

G-man
12-08-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm personally looking forward to some good mexican in the Valley this winter. We can use all the culinary options right now. Looking forward to Akes Den as well.

12-09-2009, 06:22 AM
GREAT GUACAMOLE!
Wishing mucho prosperity to Julia y Mel !!!

Go Figure
12-09-2009, 07:26 AM
According to recent rulings this belongs in misc. not here. If it is still open in April We will give them another try.

Lostone
12-09-2009, 07:51 AM
According to recent rulings this belongs in misc. not here. :roll:

It could be in Misc.

It could also be in the Valley, with the restaurant reviews.

It can also be here, as they are Sugarbush instructors, running a restaurant in Sugarbush Village, (I count Sugarbush Village as Sugarbush.) the discounts to which is included in the Sugarbush Resort passholders' deals.

I'm leaving it. 8)

Plowboy
12-09-2009, 08:36 AM
According to recent rulings this belongs in misc. not here. :roll:

It could be in Misc.

It could also be in the Valley, with the restaurant reviews.

It can also be here, as they are Sugarbush instructors, running a restaurant in Sugarbush Village, (I count Sugarbush Village as Sugarbush.) the discounts to which is included in the Sugarbush Resort passholders' deals.

I'm leaving it. 8)

So.............. if I go to Jay Peak can I report it here.................... being a Sugarbush skier......getting a discount for having a Sugarbush pass......sking on skis I bought at Sugarbush..... with a Sugarbush sticker on them.......wearing a Sugarbush hat.......having a sandwich made in Sugarbush Village in my Sugarbush backpack......with my sweet Sugarbush by my side :wink: :?: OH..... depending on the day I might have some Sugarbush snow on my truck..... that is serviced at Sugarbush Service Station...... :P :P

vonski
12-09-2009, 08:55 AM
So.............. if I go to Jay Peak can I report it here.................... being a Sugarbush skier......getting a discount for having a Sugarbush pass......sking on skis I bought at Sugarbush..... with a Sugarbush sticker on them.......wearing a Sugarbush hat.......having a sandwich made in Sugarbush Village in my Sugarbush backpack......with my sweet Sugarbush by my side :wink: :?: OH..... depending on the day I might have some Sugarbush snow on my truck..... that is serviced at Sugarbush Service Station...... :P :P

Only if u tell us where the snow blew off the car, how the sandwich was, how many comments you got from the Candians and how many of them u told to go or stay away from the Bush! and only if that Sugarbush sticker is over a Jay one! With no report on the snow at Jay. :shock: :D :lol:

gone.skiing
12-09-2009, 10:02 AM
[quote]I'm leaving it. 8)

Of course you are. What a joke.