PDA

View Full Version : Snowmaking Updates

Hawk
12-08-2009, 09:48 AM
I figured we needed a thread that people can post what's going on with the snowmaking and the progress as it moves along. First hand reports from the onslope faithful are best. PLEASE - this is not the place to debate the snowmaking. We can do that on the other thread.

With that I see the Lift and Trail report says they are blowing Organgrinder. Who's out there? Lostone? Bubba? Bueler?

smootharc
12-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Who's out there? Bueler?

Ferris isn't in school today. He's home sick !

Hawk
12-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Who's out there? Bueler?

Ferris isn't in school today. He's home sick !
Out sick and skiing! That used to be my MO. :wink:

tomthumb
12-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Organgrinder is open!

Lostone
12-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Jester really needs the promised grooming, of tonight. It has lots of ugly bumps with lots of ice areas. For an easier way down.... I took Organgrinder.

All new snow. A few guns set on stun, but most were making nice fluff! Sweeeeet! :D

Sorry I couldn't be here posting. I had other priorities. :wink:

Snow tonight? 8)

shadyjay
12-08-2009, 05:46 PM
While I didn't make it down OG today, those who did said it was great, but still had to deal with the surface of the moon below. Coming down the mtn this afternoon, guns are blasting all the way down Lower Downspout to Lower Jester, and groomers were already at the top of Spring Fling, presumably taking the VH Traverse up to Gadd Peak.

Downspout first thing in the AM should be SWEET... as should Jester!

Hawk
12-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Well they are now working the bottom of the hill and I wonder whats next. Looks like Mother Nature did her job also. The trail report shows Bird Land, Murphys, Lower Domino and HG Traverse now. Nice!

vonski
12-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Well they are now working the bottom of the hill and I wonder whats next. Looks like Mother Nature did her job also. The trail report shows Bird Land, Murphys, Lower Domino and HG Traverse now. Nice!

Just talked to my friend who lives and patrols. He skied the newly open natural trails. pretty nice. The bad news he reported was a blown pipe at Ellen. Did not have any other details, but hopefully will get fixed quick.

shadyjay
12-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Coming back up the hill from town on German Flats, I sensed something was "amiss" when I saw some cleanup taking place on the road and rocks everywhere. Looked like everything was getting cleaned up.

Hawk
12-10-2009, 03:54 PM
The radar is showing that the heavy band of lake effect has now moved South over the Bush. Any reports out there?

atkinson
12-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Birdland was sweet right to the end of the day and Lower Domino was good too. Freshies required consistency and strong forward thinking.

Totally dumping right now all the way to the Valley floor. The driving was rougher than Tuesday. Could be really good tomorrow.

John

gone.skiing
12-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Is Birdland open the whole way or just the top?

Lostone
12-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Well, I would have to disagree with your opinion of Lower Domino. (I know... that has never happened before. :wink: )

The first part was quite good, but once you hit the waterbars, it was 2 turns and look for the crossing point. Was still better then Lower Downspout, to that point, but just a lot of steps below anything I'd skied, above it.

As for Birdland, I didn't ski it, but won't argue that it wasn't great. I didn't ski it because Murphy's was so nice! I made laps, Jester \ Murphy's \ Heaven's Gate Traverse. What a day.

And Birdland was open to the bottom, but Lower Birdland was not open, and for good reason. :wink:

Tin Woodsman
12-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Radar loop looks tasty. Heavy returns over SB. Fire hose returns over Camel's Hump/Ethan Allen.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=CXX&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Hawk
12-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Screw the snowmaking!!!!!! I don't know if it is a mistake but all of the terrain off of the VH Travese is now open according to the lift and trail report. :)

I am so jealous. :(

gone.skiing
12-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Sorry your thread was so short lived, Hawk... actually I am not.