PDA

View Full Version : Friday...

Last Tracks
12-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Pouring rain and 50 degrees here in Montpelier. on my way up to MRG yesterday i gave a snowmaker a lift over the gap and was told that it was unlikely.

but from the top of MRG yesterday i could see that the top of Mt. Ellen looked ready to go.

any chance LP opens tomorrow or maybe some downloading at North?

Last Tracks
12-03-2009, 09:29 AM
i guess i should have waited to post..

"Thursday, December 3 at 8:48 AM
Well, soon to be skiers and riders, Mother Nature’s cruelty continues. We’re still gunning to open within the next two days, but the call on Friday or Saturday we be made today after the rain stops and our mountain ops crew has the time to evaluate the damage.

There is a little good news—the forecast is calling for the more seasonal temps to return tonight and stick around through the 7-day forecast, that means snowmakers will be able to continue their efforts sometime later tonight, and there is the chance of some light natural snow in the forecast through Saturday night.

If we do open tomorrow, the situation is a 9 AM opening with the Super Bravo lift and the Heaven’s Gate lift spinning. We’ll have one run, for experts only, not because of the difficulty of the trail, but because conditions will be ungroomed while we wait for the snow to drain, and there will be snowmaking in progress. The run will be Jester to Allyn’s Traverse to Downspout, with downloading on the Super Bravo lift. Last chairs will be 3 PM for uploading on the Super Bravo, and 3:15 at Heaven’s Gate.

A Saturday opening will have the same scenario. Opening Day is almost here. Are you ready?"

noski
12-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Honestly, you guys, I may be a noski, but I am really, really pulling for you. Pulling for all of us in the industry. Chin up & positive thoughts, guys.

skibum1321
12-03-2009, 12:37 PM
That sounds miserable. Count me out.

Last Tracks
12-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Enough with the mischief, Mother Nature! Seriously! So as you probably guessed it, this last shot of rain and warm temps set us back and we won't be able to open like we planned tomorrow. As soon as temps allow, our snowmaking team will be out there working around the clock to get open as soon as we can. As of now, we ...hope to have the chairs spinning Saturday morning. I'm sure many of you are disapointed (and you certainly have a right to be), but we don't like it any more than you.

gone.skiing
12-03-2009, 02:17 PM
CR pub better be open for breakfast at 8 if chairs are not spinning... ;-)

HowieT2
12-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Enough with the mischief, Mother Nature! Seriously! So as you probably guessed it, this last shot of rain and warm temps set us back and we won't be able to open like we planned tomorrow. As soon as temps allow, our snowmaking team will be out there working around the clock to get open as soon as we can. As of now, we ...hope to have the chairs spinning Saturday morning. I'm sure many of you are disapointed (and you certainly have a right to be), but we don't like it any more than you.

Honestly didn't think there was a chance to open Friday. I think saturday will be stretch and frankly if jester is all that's skiable, it's not that exciting.

win
12-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Saturday! Jester and Downspout and maybe a walk at the very bottom to the lift and downloading on Bravo. Timbers will be open for B-fast. Good deal on coffee and b-fast sandwhiches. Allyn's Lodge will be open as well as CR Pub for lunch. It's a start!

Treeskier
12-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks Win.

KingM
12-03-2009, 09:46 PM
I appreciate Sugarbush and their heroic efforts at times like these. The only thing that keeps my hope up is their willingness to go for broke as soon as the weather turns cold. There have been plenty of times that I've gone up 24-48 hours after a r*** event and been surprised at how good the skiing was.