PDA

View Full Version : So How Much Natural Snow to Open?

Treeskier
11-24-2009, 09:54 AM
So the weather is looking increasingly promising. If we get 12", 14", 16", 2' or somewhere in between. How much natural snow would be required to open say Sunday?

Snow Dancing Hard ~:)

Hawk
11-24-2009, 10:08 AM
When leaving this past Sunday we could finally see the top of the mountain. It looked like most of the snow on Jester melted with patches and some stretches still remaining. There was no snow on Downspout or organgrinder. I would have to say they would need 3+ feet with some packing down to actualy open this Sunday.

That being said...it will take a lot less for me and Powder Puff to ski. :wink: Let me know your plans.

HowieT2
11-24-2009, 11:53 AM
No idea, but I would think sunday is doubtful.
Certainly not worth me using capital to escape from the in-laws. Keeping the fingers crossed for 12/5.
At least things are getting a little interesting.

ahm
11-24-2009, 12:51 PM
GS: If all that natural falls it should ski just great. No need for a lift, just hike up CR on Sat night, camp in the shelter and grab first tracks in the morn. If it's open, jump back on the lift. If not, hike up for another run. Pretty simple. Many others will do it and not care if the lift is turning. In fact, if it dumps that much, you can grab run 2 at Mt E for superpowderlicious day! Enjoy it. AHM

win
11-24-2009, 04:07 PM
It is highly unlikely we will run the lifts this weekend. It is highly likely that we will be making snow at both mountains. It is likely that the lifts will be running next Friday.

gone.skiing
11-24-2009, 05:25 PM
As always, thanks for heads up, Win.