PDA

View Full Version : Boston Ski Expo

Hawk
11-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Headed to the Expo on Thursday night. Who is going to be there from the Sugarbush team? See you there!

ski_resort_observer
11-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Egan said he's going to be at the Bush booth. Ask him if he's going to Targhee in Dec, he'll laugh and he will explain why. Everyone in the Boston area should go if for nothing else to get the free schwag/lift tik dicounts offered by many of the resorts and equipment retailers.

noski
11-18-2009, 08:41 AM
I will be there with Mr. noski Thursday and Friday evenings at the MRV booth, next to the SB booth. Stop and say hi!

atkinson
11-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Sounds like I will be there on Saturday and Sunday!

John

HowieT2
11-18-2009, 01:22 PM
No love for any NYC events? I'll be at the Warren Miller show sunday but the Stratton, Gore and MS shwag really doesn't do me any good.

vonski
11-18-2009, 01:31 PM
No love for any NYC events? I'll be at the Warren Miller show sunday but the Stratton, Gore and MS shwag really doesn't do me any good. Play hooky one day and make a day trip during the week sometime during the season. But then you would have to bring home your skis! I used to go, but now I don't cause I have the same attitude towards the schwag.

HowieT2
11-18-2009, 01:33 PM
No love for any NYC events? I'll be at the Warren Miller show sunday but the Stratton, Gore and MS shwag really doesn't do me any good. Play hooky one day and make a day trip during the week sometime during the season. But then you would have to bring home your skis! I used to go, but now I don't cause I have the same attitude towards the schwag.

I barely make it over to MRG more than twice a season :lol:

win
11-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I will be there on Thursday along with a few members of the sales and the maketing teams. Drop by.

muddy_hollow
11-19-2009, 06:09 AM
I've not been to the expo before, so wanted to ask what it's all about??? I suspect there are significant discounts for season passes and gear... the odd booth babe?

HowieT2
11-19-2009, 07:28 AM
I've not been to the expo before, so wanted to ask what it's all about??? I suspect there are significant discounts for season passes and gear... the odd booth babe?

neither have I, but I'd imagine the superbowl, only bigger.

noski
11-19-2009, 08:49 AM
.. the odd booth babe? I am not really all that odd. ;-)

atkinson
11-19-2009, 10:27 AM
While I am odd and will be at the booth, I'm no babe. Sorry!

John

p.s. The Boston Ski Expo is a mix of gear sales frenzy, resort deals and promotion, and a huge pre-snow get together with like-minded skiers and riders. Unless I am confusing it with something else.

p.p.s. We love New York too! I visit the metropolitan area, Strong Island and upstate a few times a year.

Hawk
11-19-2009, 11:14 AM

Pretty much every mountain in the East shows up and has a booth. Some Western, Canadian and European resorts Also. Most major equipment and clothing manufacturers have booths. It is the biggest Boston Ski industry trade show of the year. Ski market is the major retailer that anchors the show. They empty out thier shops and put it on tables to sell. See you there.

HowieT2
11-19-2009, 11:30 AM
While I am odd and will be at the booth, I'm no babe. Sorry!

John

p.s. The Boston Ski Expo is a mix of gear sales frenzy, resort deals and promotion, and a huge pre-snow get together with like-minded skiers and riders. Unless I am confusing it with something else.

p.p.s. We love New York too! I visit the metropolitan area, Strong Island and upstate a few times a year.

Yeah sure, I bet the next thing you're going to say is that some of your best friends are New Yorkers :shock:

Lostone
11-19-2009, 02:20 PM
I bet the next thing you're going to say is that some of your best friends are New Yorkers :shock:

Now that would be getting carried away. :wink:

Hawk
11-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Nice meeting noski last night. The Sugarbush booth was looking good. In general the VT area was rocking. 8)

noski
11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Yup- I was there! Our 10 foot long landscape banner looked really nice. Egan spent a fair amount of time admiring that fine skiing picture (kidding, he is actually a pretty humble guy!)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2661/4128352208_1b044dd447_o.jpg