PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day

win
11-17-2009, 07:27 AM
Unfortunately, opening day is not going to happen this weekend. The forecast looks terrible for the next several days and other than a few hours tonight, it doesn't look like we are going to have snowmaking temperatures even up high until next week. Fortunately, the snow that we made on Jester still has some good depth, so we may not have to totally redo what is there. We need about four good days of temperatures in the low 20's to get enough acreage to open. We will open even if we are downloading on Bravo. We are shooting and hoping for Thanksgiving and will keep everyone posted.

If you are around Thanksgiving Timbers will be serving a nice Thanksgiving feast beginning at 3pm. Hopefully you will be able to see the snow guns firing through the windows.

Let's hope those snows in China make it our way soon.

vonski
11-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Win, do you think you can fly to China and bring back some of that snow. You know that you and the rest of the locals really do have to get out of town at this point to bring back the cold temps. :lol: Sitting patiently waiting for the snow to fly!! Although, maybe i still have some time to get in shape at this point. :roll:

Brew Ski
11-17-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm reminded of the immortal words of Axel Rose who sang " Nothing lasts forever, even cold November Rain..."

I've put my snow shovel away,
Drained the fuel from the snow thrower,
and purposely have left my winter ski equipment in the closet.

All certain acts to create cold temps and bring a big snow storm.
Starting the ritual snow dance
Think snow! Think Snow!, Think Snow!

TreeBandit
11-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Hey Brew Ski, do not forget to take your snow tires off and sell them on ebay.

gone.skiing
11-17-2009, 10:14 AM
No need to go all the way to China, PNW got plenty.

vonski
11-17-2009, 10:30 AM
No need to go all the way to China, PNW got plenty.
Why not everything else is from China and they know how to seed the clouds.

Brew Ski
11-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Hey, I grew up in Vermont. Neither have I ever needed snow tires, nor do I know what they are!

I can get a rear wheel drive pick up truck over the Roxbury gap in a foot of snow without grazing a guard rail or having an OMG moment.

I'm not saying other's can't, I'm just saying...

I'll put my gloves under my drivers seat where I'm sure to forget them, then it will definitly snow!

Maybe if we stoke up a big bonfire and burn our old gear as sacrifice to Mother nature, the burnt embers will act as snow seeds and we can eek out some freshies for Next weekend?

Hawk
11-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Hey, I grew up in Vermont. Neither have I ever needed snow tires, nor do I know what they are!

I can get a rear wheel drive pick up truck over the Roxbury gap in a foot of snow without grazing a guard rail or having an OMG moment.

I'll put my gloves under my drivers seat where I'm sure to forget them, then it will definitly snow!

Maybe if we stoke up a big bonfire and burn our old gear as sacrifice to Mother nature, the burnt embers will act as snow seeds and we can eek out some freshies for Next weekend?

I've seen you drive Brew. :shock: It ain't pretty but maybe it's effective. :wink:

gone.skiing
11-17-2009, 02:43 PM
BS, do you believe in fat skis? Same argument...

Brew Ski
11-17-2009, 02:54 PM
I not only believe in fat skis, I'm also a client!

And soon to convert to AT bindings on my fat skis.

Now if I could just get a little snow in order to try them out...

ahm
11-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Mountain Report
November 17, 2009
Snowmaking resumes tonight! (Don’t you just love that we’re the only resort open in the East!)

For tomorrow, conditions are expected to remain the same as today with top-to-bottom skiing and riding on T2, Upper Sunday Punch, and Lower Sunday Punch. That said, there is a temperature inversion forecasted for this evening, which means that with the lower temperatures closer to the base, snowmakers will push to make snow on Cascades, Broadway, Whoville, the Barker basin area, Lower and Upper Sunday Punch, Right Stuff, Jim’s Whim, Easy Street and the Barker chute into the South Ridge area.

Also for tomorrow, pack some sunscreen because it is supposed to be beautiful! T2 will be perfectly groomed in the morning for those anticipating first tracks. If you can break away from your day tomorrow, I can assure you it will be the perfect start to your goggle tan.

Lifts open at 9 a.m., lift tickets are $39 for adults/young adults and $25 for juniors/seniors.

If you haven’t already picked up the NEW Frequent Skier Card it's on sale now for just $89 and includes one free lift ticket valid any day plus $25 savings on midweek tickets and $15 on weekends and holidays EVERY DAY of the season.

Think snow!
Darcy

Trails Open 4 Trails This Weekend
Lifts Open 1 Lifts This Weekend
New Snow Past Days Snow
Primary Surface Manmade Secondary Surface Manmade
Groomed Trails Snowmaking Trails 5
Average Base Depth 6-12 Acres Open 19
Miles Open 2

noski
11-17-2009, 04:04 PM
My eye is on the Thanksgiving weekend. Eat turkey and then buckle up.

Fishwife
11-17-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm with Noski: we will be thankful this year-get the gear ready!

skiladi
11-18-2009, 09:03 AM

I've seen you drive Brew. :shock: It ain't pretty but maybe it's effective. :wink:

I followed someone in a pick-up over the gap in a snowstorm. The truck was slueing and fishtailing and throwing so much snow around I couldn't see the plate but I knew it had to be a VERMONTER! The driver didn't hit anything but I had an OMG moment. Thanks but I'll stick with the AWD and the snow tires-STUDDED! lol