PDA

View Full Version : Warm UP!!!

vonski
11-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Lets just hope this is the last of the warm ups!!! I can feel the cold snap coming and thinking of a cold December!! Thinking Snow!

Strat
11-09-2009, 02:55 PM
It always balances out, so warm now means cold later!

8)

Treeskier
11-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Sure made for a great ski day at Killington Yesterday! Skied with a bunch of Sugarbush Skier!

Will re-start my snow dance at the middle of the week!

Hawk
11-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Sure made for a great ski day at Killington Yesterday! Skied with a bunch of Sugarbush Skier!

Will re-start my snow dance at the middle of the week!

Good for you Tree. We ended up raking 55 bags of leaves. Thanks for the invite thou. :wink:

ski_resort_observer
11-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Lets just hope this is the last of the warm ups!!! I can feel the cold snap coming and thinking of a cold December!! Thinking Snow!

Lordy, Lordy the wind was blasting up at the mountain today. Usually means that something big is headed our way..........winter!

win
11-09-2009, 05:09 PM
It is still windy. It was nearly 70 degrees in Burlington and mid sixties here at the base. This will be the warmest day and then it is gradually cooling down. Our forecast, however, is not very encouraging until maybe Sunday or Monday, but we look at this daily and are ready to go whenever the temperatures allow. Took my own skis in the other day for the annual inspection, so I am eager to go!

HowieT2
11-09-2009, 05:18 PM
I raked leaves and went mtn biking this weekend and it was the former that left me really sore. Luckily I don't have to bag them.

vonski
11-09-2009, 08:23 PM
I went for one last fishing trip on my little boat. caught some rays but no fish.

shadyjay
11-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Sunday and Monday were really nice days.... if we were still in October... but we're not... its November, pushing mid November, and we need a nice long stretch of cold weather NOW! My bags are packed... I'm ready to go back to work! Come on, Mother Nature, bring us some snow!!!

Hawk
11-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Sorry Jay. The long range does not look that cold right up to Thanksgiving. I think they might be able to piece something together to get open with a few cold nights but it is not looking that promising. :cry:

shadyjay
11-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Things could change though, but I'm holding true to the "balancing out" effect and guess I have no problem with some above-average temps now if it means below-average later. A "warm" November may be followed by a "cold" (and snowy) December.

Fingers crossed..!

John Walden
11-16-2009, 01:41 PM
I guess it would be a safe bet that there will not be any skiing this coming weekend? Too bad. Well, I guess I will pick up my pass and do some hiking.

summitchallenger
11-16-2009, 01:47 PM
At last check, the answer to opening this weekend is regrettably a no. (http://www.sugarbush.com/snow-trails-conditions/live-mountain-update)

:(

gone.skiing
11-16-2009, 03:58 PM
I seem to recall a few people here questioning SR's strategy. I wonder if investment at that time would have paid off...

http://sundayriver.com/TheMountain/MountainReport/index.html