PDA

View Full Version : Bush Pilots Ski the East

notorious
09-17-2009, 04:00 PM
The BP program for 09-10 will include a major new feature—the New England Secret Stashes. The BP coaches, augmented by local ski bums, will lead us to the legendary regional backcountry. Potential excursions such as DesLaurier’s home base at Bolton, mid-winter exploration of Mt. Washington accompanied by Brooks Dodge, (son of legendary guide Joe Dodge and originator of many of the lines at Tuckerman’s) the Stowe/Smuggler’s Notch backcountry, and world ranked free skier glam girl Asia Magriby’s Jay Peak are projected. Pilots will have input on locations and dates. These excursions will be optional, and available only to BP participants. Transportation and lift tickets, when applicable, will be the responsibility of the participants. Participants will also need climbing skins and appropriate backcountry equipment--- tele or AT set-ups, or, at least Alpine Trekkers, will be necessary.

Also, more air. Much more air.

Those who have participated in past BP programs can attest to its value If you hope for mastery of all terrain/all conditions skiing, the BP program is the best deal anywhere. The BP program is the only program of its kind in the nation—a full-season of break-through ski technique, lift-served back country access—true, all mountain, all conditions skiing. Unlike other advanced ski clinics—the BP program is full-season, allowing the coaches to observe and guide the participants on a recurring basis. The coaches include the top skiers in the Mad River Valley, which, as we know, means they are among the top skiers in America. They are supervised by one of Powder Magazine’s Top 100 skiers of the century, Skiing Magazine’s 50 most influential skiers of our time, and the nation’s only known CRO (Chief Recreational Officer), Sugarbush’s own homeboy, John “Eganbrutha” Egan, who will join the BP’s for several sessions. World famous guest coaches, Dean 'the Greek' Decas, the unofficial Mayor of Chamonix, RSN program host Darien Boyle, and Adam “D” Deslauriers, renowned ski and outdoor cinematographer, will also join us.

The BP program is the most cutting-edge instructional program within any resort sponsored ski-school in America, part of the Sugarbush Adventure Learning Center It is joined by the other adventure programs such as Mountaineering Blazers, Diamond Dogs, and Black Diamond Club in offering guidance and instruction for skiers of all ages who want to breakthrough and beyond the confines of the standard ski school curriculum. For those who wish a more traditional approach to the fundamentals of ski technique, Sugarbush offers a full PSIA menu for all ages, in both seasonal and day programs.

gone.skiing
09-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Coaches in action...

Jesse
http://searcher.smugmug.com/photos/127882220_WngZb-L.jpg

Wes
http://searcher.smugmug.com/photos/261558681_AcGLv-L.jpg

Suzie
http://searcher.smugmug.com/photos/259265277_TYCXG-L.jpg

Greek
http://searcher.smugmug.com/photos/484816343_wJdSb-L.jpg

ParkI (Photo by Sandy Macys)
http://www.sugarbush.com/images/uploaded/photo_gallery/BBQ-booter-DSC_8267.jpg

Official marketing pitch is here...
http://www.sugarbush.com/content/cm.asp?pid=209

Hawk
09-18-2009, 07:53 AM
The BP program for 09-10 will include a major new feature—the New England Secret Stashes. The BP coaches, augmented by local ski bums, will lead us to the legendary regional backcountry. Potential excursions such as DesLaurier’s home base at Bolton, mid-winter exploration of Mt. Washington accompanied by Brooks Dodge, (son of legendary guide Joe Dodge and originator of many of the lines at Tuckerman’s) the Stowe/Smuggler’s Notch backcountry, and world ranked free skier glam girl Asia Magriby’s Jay Peak are projected. Pilots will have input on locations and dates. These excursions will be optional, and available only to BP participants. Transportation and lift tickets, when applicable, will be the responsibility of the participants. Participants will also need climbing skins and appropriate backcountry equipment--- tele or AT set-ups, or, at least Alpine Trekkers, will be necessary.
Three observations Notorious....
You guy's already do this. No?
Also availible for FOBP's.. :wink:
I didn't know you joined the marketing Dept. :)

Also where have you been all summer. Good to see you back. Maybe we will see you Downhilling on Columbus Day Weekend?

notorious
09-18-2009, 08:29 AM
[Three observations Notorious....
You guy's already do this. No?
Also availible for FOBP's.. :wink:
I didn't know you joined the marketing Dept. :)

Also where have you been all summer. Good to see you back. Maybe we will see you Downhilling on Columbus Day Weekend?[/quote]

Hawk,
The new feature is the travel to other areas---The Bush Pilots will include coached excursions to the fabled secret stashes of New England, not just the MRV.
There are no friends of BP on powder days-you know the rules. :wink:
The marketing Dept?...we have one? I thought that WE create the buzz---we're talking viral marketing here, right? And you know how infected we are, you too!

I have mainly been on the roads..a few Downhill days, but it's been a juicy summer.
Q for you---are you involved in the MT bike controversies with the Friends of the Fells (so-called)? If so PM

Brew Ski
09-18-2009, 10:15 AM
FOBP??? Since when do the Bush Pilots have friends? 8)

Notorious,
When you say more air how much more are we talking here?

More horizontal air as in launching huge airplane turns down Steins?
More verticle air as in hucking at speed off the huge boulder skiers right in lower paradise?
More verticle and horizontal as in following Coach Parki through a terrain park? :shock:
Or really more verticle as in "pack a 'shute" and base jump from the Church?

Just curious how much I need to upgrade some equipment.... and insurance! :twisted:

p.s. Isn't there an "Eganism" that states something like "no one has ever gotten injured in the air, so go big"???

TreeBandit
09-21-2009, 09:31 AM
I just wish this program would also run on Sunday and not just Sat :cry: .....I ski with my family on Sat. :)

mattlucas
09-23-2009, 01:10 AM
they should go down south and hit magic/manchester.