PDA

View Full Version : trails mowed

othripper
09-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Went for a hike up the mountain yesterday, up castlerock, and was pleasantly suprised to see how many of the trails have been neatly mowed, even Rumble! Really nice job, whoever is responsible. It is great to see this type of attention paid to getting the trails ready for the winter!

Mike

summitchallenger
09-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Not Mt Ellen when I hiked the Friday of Labor Day Weekend. Has that changed?

win
09-16-2009, 09:53 PM
ME has now been. We are getting ready for the snows.

summitchallenger
09-17-2009, 07:18 AM
So here's a question: what kind of equipment does SB use? Tractors? Equipment with a track? I know that steeper areas are cut by hand.

And I figured that ME was probably going to be a week or two behind because there is no activity there right now. I must also say that the parking lot had been patched up in places, but the paved areas are by and large terrible and really need work. :shock: The summer rain really did a number on things.

win
09-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Mower behind a tractor does the lower elevation and less steep. The rest in hand done with a variety of hand tools by an outside contractor that does us as well as a number of other ski resorts.

TreeBandit
09-21-2009, 09:26 AM
I was hiking this weekend as well, at both ME and LP. Nice job on the mowing. I always wondered how this was done.